To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Vol. 17 Ch. 128 - Penitence

@Nunally That has nothing to do with it in the first place, for YEARS aim jammers have been created and developed together with science in general, it is impossible that they have not discovered this method of use, much less that it has not occurred to the researchers. Uiharu could be a very good hacker but that does not mean that he is cannon fodder compared to Aleister who could kill and kidnap her easily. What uiharu did only leaves plot gaps as to why aleister did not take advantage of what she did, he is literally making a fool of other projects like dark may while fulfilling a function similar to what a magical god can do.

@davidbobby888 Uiharu also empowered himself using the aim jammers and was calculating faster than a super computer. That could be thanks to the blood of kimi that is mixed with that of the dragon angel but that does not remove how poor the explanation of the use of the still jammers was. Not to mention that kimi will survive and create another plot hole in the series and the whole baggea city arc will be a joke.

@allenjke The character lilith is the trigger of the series lol, even she is more important than the heroines excluding index. She was the reason why Aleister decided to destroy magic and reach the pure world. Touma wasn't running up when maid wasn't splitting the building, it went down and reached the sewers next to last order. And it is not surprising that there are espers of these types and mitsuari is the proof of it, maid does not have a great power of fire but the versatility of its power is almost nil which makes it less profitable than other powers. Pure effort is a lie and the potential of a person as expected is established from birth. Komoe once said that all lvl 0's have to be re-evaluated in the future, as current science may be insufficient, and may not be able to detect their powers.

Dex-chan lover
@Kokuyo112 actually its really possible, just look at Gunha, academy city already researched him for years but they still not know what his actual ability is, and I think the budget for level 5 research is far more than aim jammer.

There is an explanation to that, Uiharu already aware about academy city dark side and about Aleister existence. Thats why when she hacked, she always carefully make sure not to touch any sensitive subjects, as to not incite him.

“I used two skyscrapers standing more than 50 floors tall! Was my maximum weight limit of 100 thousand tons not enough, or are you saying you can hold back nuclear aircraft carriers with your arms!?”

“I wasn’t caught in the clockwork traps of some ancient ruins. The buildings had windows and doors on their ground floors. Tackle through one of those and there was a whole hollow floor for me there. If you were going to do that, you should have kept going until both buildings were squished flat, like metalworking with gold leaf.”

Sure i misremembered things, but if you say it's normal then no. Pure bullshit aka asspull. Touma's strengh was always that he is not superhero (aka no superpowers) and here he just survived two squished buildings. Also remembered
in the fight with Mathers he apparently was able to fight him on the speeding carriage without any problems ...
That's why i always wanted Touma to learn something/some kind of power, be it using dragons or something else so it doesn't seem like he randomly wins. Also
still believe that Othinus has some important info about IB which Touma doesn't ask about aka Kamachi doesn't want to reveal it

About there being other espers sure thing, but the scale is really not right. Sure Mitsuari is powerful, but mb because her power is mental it doesn't feel "like wrong" and she can't destroy half of the district in a second/minute. Sure thing power application is the most/more valuable in AC, but when AC is attacked the strong ones should react. As why Gunha doesn't even show up when supposedly needed. It is obv the problem of having story with lots of characters, but Kamachi intentionally/unintentionally went on this (very risky) route. So just adding an overpowerful character out of nowhere is just wrong -> might as well do whatever you want, add this, add that.

About Lilith, yeah sure she was very important part for Aleister and part here is the right word. The buildup to the fight and conclusion gave impression that she would be a character later, but she just dissapeared and most likely will never appear again. While Aleister will be back, she will not (really doesn't feel like so) and it is very anticlimatic - like she was introduced and then thrown out.

GT1 spoilers Dude, you literally just quoted it,
he didn't just stand there and take the debris of two different buildings falling. She only collapsed like the top half of the buildings as well, not the whole thing onto him, meaning the bottom half was still in tact. Which he used to his advantage and ran through one of the windows on the bottom most floor.

Something about this whole arc is bothering me. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems Kimi was locked up just because Academy City fears her power. Yes she pretended to be someone else for a while, but that was because she was being hunted like a wild dog that needed to be put down. Until She took part in abducting Uiharu, (along with all the other crimes she committed during this arc) it seems they just locked her up and threw away the key just because her power is too dangerous. All she wanted was to live in peace and was just living at the orphanage. What was the whole point of this arc if she's now going to be locked up for possibly a decade or longer because now they can keep her there for committing actual crimes? This sets a dangerous precedent that anyone can be locked up just because their powers scare the higher ups. With that mindset Mikoto and Misaki can be locked up just because their powers are too dangerous.

Double-page supporter
@Black_Cat_XIII
I think you're kinda mistaken on one part. She was taken from the orphanage to be experimented on, but after they broke out she never really "wanted to live a peaceful life." Her trauma and survivor's guilt led her to try and find some way to "give power to the weak." Kimi was locked up in the first place seemingly by her own will to get back in touch with Aohoshi (The security guard and orphanage friend) and execute her plan with the Dragon.

As for the detention center being a recruiting ground and being able to lock up anyone willy nilly, that's always felt like the case to me. But with Kimi at least, it seems like her power would be hard to use in a dark side organization since it's based on holistic properties so who knows what's in store for her.

@ilikepi31415. Kimi's friend told Uiharu that altering her data didn't last long and she found her imprisoned at the first Juvenal Hall 3 years ago. I noticed the latest chapter mentioning on the cover that Kimi went to the Second Juvenal Hall of her own free will. I was bothered as to why she was imprisoned at the other faculty to begin with. By the way: after they escape from the facility, Kimi went back to the orphanage. In other words if she was left alone, the plan to abduct Uiharu never would have happened. They were originally going to have her alter her data, but she changed her mind. She was clearly getting crazy and wanted to reveal all of Academy City's secrets of their Esper Program. Once those chain of events started, (along with the plan to kidnap Uiharu) she sadly stopped being innocent.

Misaka with the final punch like a certain normal highschool boy. Misaka really likes pulling on peoples shirts, Misaki and Kimi. So angel dragon is just gone now or it returned to Touma or wherever it came from before inhabiting him? Idk how to feel about this ending but it did take over 2 years to finish it which is half the reason why it feels weird for me.

@Black_Cat_XIII
....This sets a dangerous precedent that anyone can be locked up just because their powers scare the higher ups
Index LN SS(Side Story) : BioHazzard
is the exact personification of your worries, Kimi isn't the first one and might not be the last one either.
IIRC, in that SS
The Beginning Child, locked from Post WW2 up-to Present day in Toaru Universe

[edit]
@henryph-am
Yes, but nope ....
Rensa was made in case Lv5 rebelled all at one. IIRC Rensa tried to replicate IB, but immediately Malfunctioned after trying to do so during that Agitate Halation Arc

@nunally
About Gunha ... isn't that always the case when it comes to Gemstones, in Index SS1 or SS2 there's a chapter dedicated on how Academic City treats Gemstones.
Even if AC couldn't understand their power at the moment, AC will keep them in check, even bothered to execute Worldwide Clandestine Operation just to make sure nobody got their hands on the Gemstones.

But .... NGL, it still bothers me why only Gunha & Himegami that 'Secured' & lives in AC from those 50 known Gemstones, not all of them.
[/edit]

Users who are viewing this thread