To Be Winner - Ch. 46 - offline discussion

c and b omggggggggggggggg i loveeeeeeeeeeeee thisssssss
thank you for translating this

Group Leader
honestly i'm 90% these past two chapters are just an excuse for the artist to draw all the sexy motorcycle man she wants...

today's idle translation/cultural context thoughts:

in this chapter, JING calls xiao he by the nickname 阿河 'ah he.' it's pretty common in chinese to give people familiar nicknames by adding prefixes to their name - for example, yang yao calls xiao he 老河 'ol' he' and shen xin 小桃 'little peach.' i don't always translate them, because the prefixes are used more as a sign of endearment than their literal meanings. yang yao isn't calling xiao he an old man; it's just a friendly way to talk to your friend.

阿 is another one of those, but it doesn't have a literal meaning - it's just a form of address for close friends/relatives. i've elected to keep it in because i think it's a cool JING character trait (he's the only one who uses that nickname, if i remember correctly) and it sounds cool.

this decision, of course, backfired on me later when i learned that JING also calls yihe 阿和 (ah he) and there's literally no distinction between the two besides the chinese characters.

Thank you for the translation! I wonder what is going on with the blackmail plot... I hope the brothers will reconcile soon and we get to explore more about their relationship!

very good quality traumerei 😍 and loving the development of their relationship too

uh, extremely nice bike!

...It's too bad it's so much track-side and not street-side that it still has the sponsor brands on the bodywork.

Theres 91 Chapters in raw i really wanted for fast update oh well we cant do that. It just i need more of this

Users who are viewing this thread