To Your Eternity - Vol. 10 Ch. 92 - A Gambled Confidence

Dex-chan lover
I like this series because it doesn't use all the wholesome and good stuff purely as a build-up to the tragedy when it all falls apart.

I can barely list off the amount of the tragedy manga and anime that see character development and relationships as secondary, and the tragedy as the big climax that makes it all 'worth it' (looking at you Re:ZERO, you fucker)

Would be cool if this became a kingdom building manga :p Considering he's immortal would be neat to see how stuff develops

Fed-Kun's army
Last page... That's not how you tear down a castle tower this high in a controlled way...

Dex-chan lover
i swear to god this manga is just gonna end with him becoming the entire world to protect everyone

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@Crombs

YES! That's one of the reasons why I've stayed so long with this series. The tragedy in this doesn't feel like a tool to manipulate me. Rather it comes and goes and there's always peace in between, like how life is. Tragedy and loss aren't the climax, it's simply part of human existence. And Yoshitoki Oima writes human existence well.
You struggle against it, accept it, and move on. It's not just someone's backstory to make them relateable nor is it always the end of their story. In particular, I really like that Bon's arc and suffering came and went, and he continues to exist alongside Fushi even after he's no longer the focus. He doesn't just get happily ever after'd and left behind to rot in retirement like I thought he would. He has to deal with those traumatic events and then keep going.

Dex-chan lover
oh boy, iris is here too, she'll die with bon, won't she? so many flags, which one to trust

Great, bring all the characters in that somehow survived, now they get a second chance at dying

Group Leader
2bs2Laz.gif

Users who are viewing this thread