To Your Eternity - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - Inquiry

Aggregator gang
So Parona died. Damn shame. Because of this manga I think I'm going to die from dehydration.

Dex-chan lover
Is this girl next on the dying list after her tragic ideals are revealed?? I don't think so....
It is needed to know that living while killing people is known as surviving but needless killing is not as it will diminish the population to only a bunch of people but that is also necessary for evolution...

Dex-chan lover
Damn Parona died .... she was a pretty heroic, smart and beautiful woman too bad we wont see her agai but thats how this shit goes i guess.

Banned
This is... strange.

Hoodbro strongly implies that their death is what enables the doppelganger to take their form... yet he can adopt the form of inanimate objects without destroying them. He can even spawn multiple copies of the same object from himself... including fruit, which in a sense are technically alive...
So can't he just... divide into multiple forms via some form of mitosis?

In any case the whole death thing doesn't make any sense... and in spite of the implications, I don't think they actually have to die for him to adopt their form at all... only receive pain from them.

So Parona might not be dead at all.

@Soticoto

The big difference between a fruit and March for example is one of them have a... Soul.
It has been pointed out multiple time, It seems to be a "vessel" of some sort.
By that he gain their memories, pain, experiences, yada yada.
That's why from Parona's soul he can finally remember March.

Parona is dead. Black-hoody boy confirmed it. And that could explain also why we have licky-girl around.

Banned
@Ae_evo : See, that sorta thing needs some justifying. It doesn't exist in real life, so it needs a bit more explanation than just claiming it exists and somehow empowers life...

@sotiCoto : I mean, you're in the wrong media and category if you're lookin' for something who exist in real life in a manga, in a shõnen or whatever.
You take it from granted and included in the folklor/background of the universe or you just gonna have a pretty hard time going through a story.
There's some shortcut sometimes to ease the story, there's some random bullshit too. Imo that's not the case for this one.

There's some story where everything is trying to get the more "realistic" as possible, some tend to justify stuff through real fact too (like Railgun, where's the whole "science" stuff is quite accurate, even if it's extrapolated to the extreme), the question is to how much extend you can bend your mind to accept stuff. For me, i almost can't with movies and on the first bad transition/plan, or details who's not "logical", i'm out. I tend to be way more open when it comes to that kind of story.

And yes, i'm now "few" chapters later, obviously she's dead as it was quite obvious

Banned
@Ae_evo : Rookie error there. Just because the genre is fantasy doesn't mean it necessarily doesn't have any basis in reality... as without that, nothing would be relatable and there would be no discernible plot to follow. The #1 rule for fantasy fiction, believe it or not, is "like reality unless otherwise specified". That is why, despite being fantasy, humans are usually the main focus race. And for things otherwise specified, explanation / justification is required for the sake of logical consistency. The more things that are simply thrown in and given no explanation nor justification, the worse the story is. Keep doing it enough and people won't even be able to follow the plot.

@sotiCoto : Oh no, no "rookie error" here, or i've done it wrong for the past 38y. :)
You're just jumping to the extreme of the specter with "doesn't have any basis in reality". I don't think i've ever said that.
If anything should be "for the sake of logical consistency", you can remove way too much topic on way too many stories and count them as "bad". Random science fact used to support something, who's incorrect on so many level most of the time, religion (one of the most non-factual/palpable thing) and such.
Funny enough the idea of "souls" and "vessels" is approached many times later on in the story. So yeah, explanations come later on, still it's there.
And yes, answers is not always given before, to prepare the reader to something, it's also a way to let them "question the nature of their reality" (or the story, or whatever).
Some story are like fast-food, you digest them and throw away, some are more consistant and ask you to dig deeper to get some nuances and flavor.

Yet, do we know where the story is? On earth? Our earth? A // universe? Something? Does the same rules apply to everything?
Again, if you're just lookin' for a copy/pasta of our system, there's prolly way more suitable story for that, and if you can't take a possible deviation, i mean, that's just the story is not for you.

And that's cool, because there's a ton of variety story, that's for a reason, everything can't please everyone.
Still, Fumestu is quite nicely rated, so it's maybe for a reason too.

Banned
@Ae_evo : ... I can't speak for anyone else with this... but when English is written clearly and correctly (with a certain margin of acceptable error), I can parse its meaning automatically without any sort of additional effort... but when it is written with prolific grammatical errors, incompatible word choice, syntactic incongruity and / or just plain bizarre sentence structure... it doesn't parse. I look at it and just see incomprehensible nonsense. That is the point where I have to stop, read everything slowly, deconstruct it in my mind and try (sometimes without success) to figure out what the fuck whoever wrote it is trying to say...

That is absolutely the case here.
I'm guessing you're not English first-language... as if anyone whose first language WAS English wrote something like that, I'd think they desperately needed to go back to school and relearn it from scratch, or possibly just give up altogether.

Anyway... I couldn't make out the details of what you were attempting to communicate there... but then maybe it is because there aren't details. I can see you asked quite a few stupid questions devoid of context and serving no apparent purpose.
One thing that is quite apparent, in spite of your saying "Oh no, no "rookie error" here", that you actually did make exactly the error I specified before, and simply failed to understand what I explained to you before immediately denying it.
It isn't looking good on your part, simply put.

@Soticoto : Yep, that was my guess by seein' other of your answers and interaction further in the manga with other people. You're quite a piece of art. (if not anything else)
Goin' from disdainful to direct personnal attack, avoiding the core subject. In short, a lovely person. :)

Banned
@Ae_evo : Well, you just crossed a line that can't be uncrossed... so I suppose being polite and giving you the benefit of the doubt can just go out of the window now...

It wasn't a personal attack. I was informing you that I couldn't understand what you were writing... basically because you completely fucked up the language to the point where it didn't even qualify as communication any more. I was trying to make crystal clear to you that communication had failed because of error on your part, and even going so far as to suggest an acceptable excuse for your failure...
... BUT you decided to call it a personal attack.

*Facepalm*

So basically... you're just an idiot who is not only incompetent, but arrogant and self-absorbed enough to interpret criticism as some sort of pissing contest, and promptly resort to pettiness just as badly worded as your other nonsense.
Yeah... I've had enough of your kind.
Struggling with the language is understandable. Fine even, though it makes matters difficult for me to understand.
Getting aggressive because your own incompetence caused a communication failure... that is just proving that you're really not worth any further interaction whatsoever.

Blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread