Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Dark Matter - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Hopefully they would continue this, that person who kakine remembered when ringo is dying might be revealed (accelerator maybe?)
I'll rate this 8.5/10 or 9/10

Man i wished it was 180 pages instead of 160, Ringo vs Kakine was short but good, and Ringo dying was kinda sudden (shutdown? So she can still be saved right?)

Does this mean that RB05 was the true Kakine the whole time and he just went crazy after the fridge volleyball stuff?

Dex-chan lover
Damn.
He wouldnt be such an asshole of he kept his loli

Owhhhh so kuroyoru get her cyborg part from souji research. Nice explaination tho~

Btw OMG this manga is good~~ I hope ringo wasn't dead and we can have more chapters 😭😭

Sorry guys, but this appears to have been a oneshot.
Have no fear though, the artist is vocal on twitter. He has stated there are no plans for a second volume, which does mean that if its successful, we could get another. Of course, I've already bought the volume.

Way better than the Accel manga in both Art and Story. They should do Battle Royale in Kakine's perspective.

If the soul exist , If Heaven, Hell, Asgard, Hel,Elysium,the Pure World and other mythical realms exist as "Phases" in this series then:
Where do Esper Souls go when they die? Do they go to the 'Artificial Heaven'(according to Motaharu) that Aleister is creating? Do they go to Hyouka? Baseless Idiotic Speculation: Are they sealed inside that right hand? Wait are those Dragons Esper AIM soul amalgamations(Similar but different to Hyouka or that AIM burst creature)? Wait is that why 'Angel' went to Kimi? Is the traitor girl part of the Soul Amalgamation making up 'Angel '? But then again Kimi does not release AIM so this theory is already thrown out in the trash

Double-page supporter
@muon Beetle #5 went rogue mostly due to a slightly different interpretation of the same commands in the first place (not that there weren't circumstances behind that happening though), so I imagine all of the dark matter network spawned from Kakine have the same base nature. They wouldn't share the same personal reality otherwise, imo.

So I guess there was a time he was more of a tragic hero than a vengeful psycho after all.

Fed-Kun's army
I dropped the main story after five chapters..
But damn, this Gaiden was 20 times more interesting than the main story by a mile.

I wonder if Ringo is the closest DM subject to Accel does he experience something similar when he loses control?

@Raydnt
That is so true. He wouldn't have made any of those shitty decisions if he had a loli to protect.
And the Fremea project didn't happen soon enough, but at least some good came of it.

One interesting thing I noticed from this spinoff though, Kakine (almost) had a loli w/ a tiny bit of Accel's power, and Accel has a loli w/ a tiny bit of Railgun's power... I don't exactly follow Railgun the same way as the other two, but what if she had to take care of sth w/ a tiny bit of Dark Matter's power? Like a deflated volleyball or sth, idk.

Always found Kakine's power so intriguing, just hearing the name Dark matter sounds crazy. Was awesome seeing him fuck up all these laws of matter. Sucks Ringo died, feelsbad.

Didn't see this manga translated so missed it. Pretty good i will say 8/10 overall.
Again reminds what kind of system Aleister have built and what the dark side is. Such a sad story.
Another Kihara introduced and Amata shown again. Also how Kuroyoru got her hands on (no pun intended).
Really wanted to see how Kakine just became a crazy killing-machine. I think after this he just doesn't care about anything, yet here we see his "human" side. And his memories of a girl are obv a hint, but wanted a bit of backstory.

Damn kinda feel bad for him, especially knowing what later happens to him in the main series. i guess in the index universe all "bad guys" need a loli to stabilize them or they go psycho haywire 😂

Users who are viewing this thread