Toaru Majutsu no Index - Vol. 25 Ch. 148 - District 7 - Pedestrian Scramble

AW YEAH THE CREDIT PAGE WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

Edit: Also that's a pretty sick greyscale cover for the new volume

Pretty much, this Manga is still one of the few adaptions to cover everything from the LN Accelerator vs Touma fight in the sisters arc.

Looking at this chapter the fight drew a lot of inspiration from Index IIIs version and I'm glad we got that bit of respect there, from Accelerator being thrown around through a water tower (which didn't happen in the LN IIRC) to them fighting around around a Wind turbine the choreography can be compared to the anime almost 1-1. A few of the fights in Index III did a lot to improve on their LN counter parts, Hamazura vs Mugino round 3 was a real fight and Accelerator vs Kakine was made to be less of a foot note and Accel vs Touma Round 2 was strong.
It's just not all of the 20+ or so fights of that season could really get that treatment, Nishikori needed to pick the notable ones only due to the constraints of the season. Railgun doesn't have that problem, it maybe has 5 or 6 fights across the whole season and lots of easier episodes of people just talking. I don't like to harp on, but it always always ALWAYS comes down to rushing Index.

There is no way to have everything we want, to the quality we want and with the quantity to give every book 5-6+ episodes without eating heavily into the publishers pocket.

Well, TBH Index III did have good fights ... in fact the fights themselves were probably the high point of that season. They just crammed too much in too little episodes to make the buildup to those fights at a pace that did not make the whole story to look like a fever dream IMHO ... stuff felt too rushed and disjointed compared even with Index I and II ... the first Touma vs Accelerator had almost as much episodes in it as the whole index III season, for a example :p ( j/k ... mostly j/k , I mean )

Users who are viewing this thread