Tokedase! Mizore-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 40

@Ironclad I think this was an introduction to the two sisters' conflict. They get along better now, but this is just a first step. I expect their relationship is going to be improved later on.

Scytale
14 hrs
@Ironclad
I know, right? I don't know what we were supposed to gather from this except: "When powerful people offer you something, accept it and suck it up, even if they treat you like shit."
Granted, this is a very applicable lesson, particularly in Japan, but that doesn't feel like a very positive message...

I think that there really wasn't a message. Just two sisters who are weird and show their love in a weird way. Or at least Diane does. She's rich and talented and powerful so she probably showered with praise and people trying to suck up to her.

Her sister Rin is probably the only one that doesn't put on airs or put up a facade to keep on her good side. As she says, 'Rin is such an honest girl'. So she showers Rin with gifts, but Rin takes this as more pity from her family. But she's so helpless that she both hates but wants/needs the stuff. (She can barely go to the bank by herself)

Diane loves her honest Sister, but wants her sister to be all 'Kyaaaa! Diane is best little sister in the world!' But to do so honestly. So Rin's bad mouthing of Diane probably triggers her as well. Diane loves her honest Sister, but said Sister can be a real bitch to her. So she showers her with gifts while making her life miserable. Because she loves her honest sis, but wants said sis to honestly shower Diane with praise.

Both sisters love what they get (money and honesty) but assume that what they get is because they are being pitied or hated.

My two cents on this.

"Stand users attract other stand users."

That's what I repeat to myself with a grin when I see lots of oddities in an essential singularity ww

Users who are viewing this thread