Toki Doki

It was sad but I thought I would cry, and I cry easily. Was it because it was a oneshot that I didn't cry? Regardless, I got real fucking big goosebumps ngl

10/10 regardless

I've lost count of how many times I've reread this oneshot. It's beyond sad and makes you care about characters in an absurdly low amount of pages. While it's over 3 years old now, I can't help but think how good a longer series could be. Nothing crazy long, just maybe 20 full chapters or so of adventures. Either way, it's a beautiful piece.

ㅠ.ㅠ uwahhh I'm crying :(
Reflecting thru my life, up to this point seems I have yet reaching any contemptness.
Always afraid of trying and hesitate to choosing something.

Should everyone experience near death moment, then somehow starting wants to live a fulfilling life?

Dex-chan lover
As the second latest One-Shot from the mangaka of Nisekoi, I was a little confused to why this didn't succeeded in becoming serialized for a moment until I read a few pages to realize why.

I think his talent is decent but possibly unextraordinary for how cliche his foundations are of a story's core and his characters.
I was intrigued in the synopsis without first knowing it was from him, and upon further reading it was almost clear why it wasn't serialized from how full in story it is as a One-Shot with no warrant to adapt it because it's already complete as it with everything that it revealed.

As beautiful as it was for simple fact of what it lays, I expected better potential because it wasn't necessarily unique at all.
The heart disease of elevated heart beats to cause death seems to exist in some form, but a device to count what heart beats you have left is fake even though it's a cool aspect to the story.

The plot twist that the male protagonist himself had the same disease without telling her was great but some may have predicted that just from assumption.
Unfortunately as decent as the characters are as well from a seemingly gloomy girl with that secret being very expressive and the guy himself having little to live enjoying his life ... they're extremely basic and unoriginal because of their lacking distinctiveness.

I guess that could have been evolved in a manga but it's cliche from many bland stories/characters alike. I did enjoy it though even if it's very ordinary. 4/10.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly saw it coming from the description. I skimmed through most of it and I was right.

It still hit hard though.

Users who are viewing this thread