Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Haah, Fine (4)

Wu

Group Leader
Can we read the manga with no part? I think it is worth to read a whole chapter rather than separated part for understanding the plot without turn back to the previous page.
These aren't parts, they're continuing chapters of an arc. Author using the same title like he does is simply preference as it shows which chapters are connected to which arc (helps novel readers know where they are). If you're asking us to connect the chapters in single big chapters (i.e. 26-29), then mangadex would come faster than the speed of light to show me the tos and tell me to not do that :korone:

Double-page supporter
Weeell, funny thing: "Вообще ты, конечно, молодец..." said like this will be in a bit of a condescending sarcastic manner, dunno what the author meant in japanese, but in russian said like this it will mean "you are kind of a dumbass"

edit. also in russian how it is written means a lot, this "..." at the end adds to it being said in a somewhat wicked way, russian is very lapidary language, it often spoken in statements, quite clear to understand, also short.
English "Kuze-kun, you are really incredible..." will be just "Молодчина, Кудзе..." or "Какой же ты молодец..."
russian in this manga is hella strange, sometimes it feels like native speaker helped the author, and sometimes it feels like an automatic translation
Yeah, I've had that feeling the whole time as well (that the Russian translation sucks)

Another poster here wrote that the Mangaka most likely used Google translate to translate Japanese => Russian, so the translation is not the best. This was made worse when the scanilators translated the Japanese => English, since they may have added a different connotation than the author intended also.

Supporter
These aren't parts, they're continuing chapters of an arc. Author using the same title like he does is simply preference as it shows which chapters are connected to which arc (helps novel readers know where they are). If you're asking us to connect the chapters in single big chapters (i.e. 26-29), then mangadex would come faster than the speed of light to show me the tos and tell me to not do that :korone:
Let's just plonk down Yuri Sisters, I Don't Dislike That all at once, surely no one will have any qualms of it being one hundred and thirty pages.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, this arc didn't feel particularly interesting or cute and the wrapup felt even less so. I personally dislike it when everyone around the MC has to take extra points in dumb just to make him shine brighter, which seems like the case here. There are at least half a dozen alternative ways this could have been resolved without making Alya seem like a simpering maiden, or the skeevy feeling of "selling" the female soccer managers to the baseball team. :pout:

(yes, I see the comments that the LN that this scene played out better. Doesn't help this particular iteration of the story, alas)

Dex-chan lover
I am a native speaker too, and I can hardly imagine this said like this in any intonation meaning anything well, but who knows. молодец with конечно would be almost any time a mocking statement.
The placement of words also matter
"Вообще ты, Молодец конечно" and "вообще ты конечно молодец" are also could be perceived differently. I agree that this choice of words are questionable, but still valid. Well of course you have to look into the context first so it works in my opinion, but I'm not forcing it onto you.

Dex-chan lover
As a native Russian speaker it's not quite that. It could be used both as mocking and praising depending on intonation. So it's sounds pretty much ok.
Let's be fair, 9 times out of 10 when it's structured like that, you will expect to hear "...BUT..." following right after.

Dex-chan lover
Time to complain again. I am disatisfied r with how he was recruited. Won't lie, I love a healthy dose of angst in stories like this. I think this has potential for that. However the reason he was being angsty about not joining the SC was dumb or at least conveyed in a way that lacked impact.

Vagueness for the sake of mystery is tough to do properly. I know "just talk" doesn't work in manga. The conflict needs to stew. The sisters personality is crafted this way for that reason. I think a nice conversation with the mc would've helped him massively.

Sorry for the wall of text lol. I actually really like this and am just a bit disappointed that it's not delivering.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Weeell, funny thing: "Вообще ты, конечно, молодец..." said like this will be in a bit of a condescending sarcastic manner, dunno what the author meant in japanese, but in russian said like this it will mean "you are kind of a dumbass"

edit. also in russian how it is written means a lot, this "..." at the end adds to it being said in a somewhat wicked way, russian is very lapidary language, it often spoken in statements, quite clear to understand, also short.
English "Kuze-kun, you are really incredible..." will be just "Молодчина, Кудзе..." or "Какой же ты молодец..."
russian in this manga is hella strange, sometimes it feels like native speaker helped the author, and sometimes it feels like an automatic translation
As a native Russian speaker it's not quite that. It could be used both as mocking and praising depending on intonation. So it's sounds pretty much ok.
We have an imposter among us

Dex-chan lover
We have an imposter among us
It's a matter of perspective really. He's quite right on his statement too, the thing is: author used really questionable way to express her feelings in Russian, I saw it a lot in this manga. As a non native speaker will speak like that, it's an a'ok way to phrase it, we'll understand, but it's not quite "right". The same thing I experience in English when my phrasing is dumb, but my friends understand me.
В любом случае приятная деталь для персонажа говорить на русском, даже с такими странными оборотами речи которые слегка сложно воспринимать, похоже на то как русский пытается порадовать американца

Dex-chan lover
The placement of words also matter
"Вообще ты, Молодец конечно" and "вообще ты конечно молодец" are also could be perceived differently. I agree that this choice of words are questionable, but still valid. Well of course you have to look into the context first so it works in my opinion, but I'm not forcing it onto you.
Dunno, maybe I am just old, but for me these three words no matter the placement (it matters little in russian most of the time, it is less strict and among most if not the most developed language of the whole indo-european language group) will always mean there are some wickedness in the statement! Heck, without both вообще and конечно this would've been fine, better still if it was just ты молодчина, молодчина or ты такой молодец, would've feel a lot more honest and how the teenage girl could've talk

Dex-chan lover
Dunno, maybe I am just old, but for me these three words no matter the placement (it matters little in russian most of the time, it is less strict and among most if not the most developed language of the whole indo-european language group) will always mean there are some wickedness in the statement! Heck, without both вообще and конечно this would've been fine, better still if it was just ты молодчина, молодчина or ты такой молодец, would've feel a lot more honest and how the teenage girl could've talk
Do not forget that the author is not native and they could perceive the meaning a bit different. For us as native speakers it may sound strange but as I said before, you always have to look into the context first and keep in mind that the writer is non Russian speaker. Dunno about being old, I'm 26 and while speaking with friends we still could say "Ну ты красава конечно" or "Ну ты конечно красава" unironically and it's still considered as a praising

Dex-chan lover
Do not forget that the author is not native and they could perceive the meaning a bit different. For us as native speakers it may sound strange but as I said before, you always have to look into the context first and keep in mind that the writer is non Russian speaker. Dunno about being old, I'm 26 and while speaking with friends we still could say "Ну ты красава конечно" or "Ну ты конечно красава" unironically and it's still considered as a praising
Here it is, we are almost generation apart xD Among my mates you can get smacked in the face for something like this or at the very least the side feeling offence will pout for a long damn time xD

Users who are viewing this thread