Tokimecha

Hey could you stop flooding the Toriyama page with machine translations and getting everyone's hopes up.
Thanks!

Hey could you stop flooding the Toriyama page with machine translations and getting everyone's hopes up.
Thanks!
They're not technically machine translations exclusively. I get the general vibe against machine translations, trust me I come from that era of bad machine translation. Here's the problem though, Toriyama's work when it comes to his non-Dragon Ball stuff is basically doomed to be stuck in purgatory considering they're significantly less popular. Not only that but a good deal of his work is shockingly not even available digitally or if it has translations? It's not available in English. In an ideal world, these things would be already translated.

However because they're not? I've taken matters into my own hands. I use Google Translate yes but I don't just plop what it spits out unchanged. What I do is I use it so I can see the general vibe of the line and then I make tweaks and so on to add the personality and hopefully remove the general awkwardness of a machine translation as best as I can. Is it optimal? No, no it isn't but in some cases it's the best you can hope for. I mean take Tokimecha for example. This thing was never released in collected form or digitally and is nearly impossible to find. I don't think we'll see anyone actually give this a shot. So right now this is the only way to read the story and get the general gist of it. If someone comes along and makes a much better translation that's from the ground up maybe even with fresh scans? That would be awesome, I would support that and then some. That's more the actual purpose I would say behind what I do. It's to give a people a chance to read the stories and if it motivates someone who maybe looks at this and goes "You know this could use the ground up treatment?", I'd accept it. That being said, I still put in the effort to ensure that what you're reading, even if you know the base is through machine translation, feels like a human crafted it.

It's not perfect and frankly I never would think it'd be. But I did take your words into consideration to modify the disclaimer to make it more clear what this is. I appreciate the words and I'm sorry for disappointing you but the disclaimer lays it out bare. I acknowledge I am not a professional, that these are not perfect. I am just a fan who wants for more people to read Toriyama's work. If you still can't vibe with it? I get it. In fact, feel free to not read.

Last edited:
They're not technically machine translations exclusively. I get the general vibe against machine translations, trust me I come from that era of bad machine translation. Here's the problem though, Toriyama's work when it comes to his non-Dragon Ball stuff is basically doomed to be stuck in purgatory considering they're significantly less popular. Not only that but a good deal of his work is shockingly not even available digitally or if it has translations? It's not available in English. In an ideal world, these things would be already translated.

However because they're not? I've taken matters into my own hands. I use Google Translate yes but I don't just plop what it spits out unchanged. What I do is I use it so I can see the general vibe of the line and then I make tweaks and so on to add the personality and hopefully remove the general awkwardness of a machine translation as best as I can. Is it optimal? No, no it isn't but in some cases it's the best you can hope for. I mean take Tokimecha for example. This thing was never released in collected form or digitally and is nearly impossible to find. I don't think we'll see anyone actually give this a shot. So right now this is the only way to read the story and get the general gist of it. If someone comes along and makes a much better translation that's from the ground up maybe even with fresh scans? That would be awesome, I would support that and then some. That's more the actual purpose I would say behind what I do. It's to give a people a chance to read the stories and if it motivates someone who maybe looks at this and goes "You know this could use the ground up treatment?", I'd accept it. That being said, I still put in the effort to ensure that what you're reading, even if you know the base is through machine translation, feels like a human crafted it.

It's not perfect and frankly I never would think it'd be. But I did take your words into consideration to modify the disclaimer to make it more clear what this is. I appreciate the words and I'm sorry for disappointing you but the disclaimer lays it out bare. I acknowledge I am not a professional, that these are not perfect. I am just a fan who wants for more people to read Toriyama's work. If you still can't vibe with it? I get it. In fact, feel free to not read.
I created an account to reply you just because i can't stand what those people told you, i'm a big fan of Toriyama and i recently started to collect all of his works to read, for real, you're the only person i encountered who just bothered to do an Awawa World or Mysterious Rain Jack translation for example, works that are almost lost media, and even other works i simply can't find in any other place, and it's cleaned, and perfectly understandable, it's perfect for everyone who just wants to read a piece of history, don't take NOTHING seriously about whatever this guys are saying to you, you must continue because you're one of the few people counted with the two hands that are actually trying to save Toriyama's legacy, i started to follow your translations at the start of this month and even if you did it with a translator, it's a job well done, you're actually doing something useful, not like this people, if they complain about it, what about do it themselves?, simple as that, keep going, you're doing great, thanks to people like you, i managed to get almost all of his works, and i only have two left to get, "Majin Mura no Bubul" and "Oishii Shima no Ū-sama"

I created an account to reply you just because i can't stand what those people told you, i'm a big fan of Toriyama and i recently started to collect all of his works to read, for real, you're the only person i encountered who just bothered to do an Awawa World or Mysterious Rain Jack translation for example, works that are almost lost media, and even other works i simply can't find in any other place, and it's cleaned, and perfectly understandable, it's perfect for everyone who just wants to read a piece of history, don't take NOTHING seriously about whatever this guys are saying to you, you must continue because you're one of the few people counted with the two hands that are actually trying to save Toriyama's legacy, i started to follow your translations at the start of this month and even if you did it with a translator, it's a job well done, you're actually doing something useful, not like this people, if they complain about it, what about do it themselves?, simple as that, keep going, you're doing great, thanks to people like you, i managed to get almost all of his works, and i only have two left to get, "Majin Mura no Bubul" and "Oishii Shima no Ū-sama"
It really means a lot to read that, especially for my goofy ass that suffers from low self-esteem. Thank you so much. By the way, I am working on Bubul and I hope to get to Ū-sama soon. I think after that, aside from some small stuff like the Super Sense Honda Story, it should be hopefully complete.

It really means a lot to read that, especially for my goofy ass that suffers from low self-esteem. Thank you so much. By the way, I am working on Bubul and I hope to get to Ū-sama soon. I think after that, aside from some small stuff like the Super Sense Honda Story, it should be hopefully complete.
You have my respect, thanks for what you're doing and fr, don't mind about this kind of people, stay strong, i just checked these two people profiles and they did shit, absolutely nothing and they're complaining at you?, this kind of people annoy me so much, i'll follow closely your works, actually, i didn't know about Super Sense Honda Story, it will be interesting to see too ^^

You have my respect, thanks for what you're doing and fr, don't mind about this kind of people, stay strong, i just checked these two people profiles and they did shit, absolutely nothing and they're complaining at you?, this kind of people annoy me so much, i'll follow closely your works, actually, i didn't know about Super Sense Honda Story, it will be interesting to see too ^^
It's a real interesting one, kind of a promotional thing done with the car company Honda and it's like Toccio the Angel in that it's a picture book. It's a fascinating piece of history.

It's a real interesting one, kind of a promotional thing done with the car company Honda and it's like Toccio the Angel in that it's a picture book. It's a fascinating piece of history.
i'd search looking for info and definetly it will be interesting to see, i think he did something similar in collab with F1, i think it's in this page too

Users who are viewing this thread