Tokyo Doragon Naito

I wish that the whole Survival subgenre just disappeared from mangas. I still have to read a single decent one.

Dex-chan lover
@sukets I know what you mean man there really isn’t any good ones they focus too much on trying to either be a shonen where mc is super strong in the end, or they go for a shitty romance during a apocalypse and there really isn’t any actual survival more of mc being like “I don’t care if I put my own group in danger and kill everyone off I’m gonna find my childhood friend.” Which is stupid.

These story writer need to focus on studying the mental state of the people during this time, the reason why a survival situation is happening, backstory to the character to make them feel more real, some decision making or bad decision making to make characters make mistakes, and don’t make the mc gain any power boost make it that he either dies in the end because to show how rough the survival is, or make mc survive somewhere they have found a way to live.

Dex-chan lover
@RayReignAladdin Yea probably that shock value is a important thing to show how terrifying a antagonist is or how terrifying the threat is and this manga failed really hard. one more thing they needed was a better artist for those bad dragons. They look so bad that I don’t know how this manga writer thought it looked good for release.
This person isn’t ONE so with great stories so yea.

This fails miserably at making you care about the characterThis fails miserably at making you care about the characters. s.

this is copy paste jap horpocalypse, but this time the monsters are stupid looking dragon bug titan hybrids. i would’ve liked it so much more if they looked like normal fucking dragons, but oh well

@Drumstick "horpocalypse" lol. The attack of the whores. I can just imagine the synopsis.

"It was a day like any other. I was just fooling around with my harem of deliciously thirsty ladies like any other day. But that was when they attacked. From then on life has been the absolute worst imaginable. All the hoes are trying to kill me...and even worse than that, I call it the apocalypse because...because...*sniffles* they won't have sex with me on demand! Only the reasonable modest girls are left. Never thought there'd ever be a day where I'd have to say it but, 'BE GONE THOT!' Trust me. A world like this is even worth living in."

Sorry. Trying to imagine the horpocalyspe.

"Oh cool a series about big monsters fucking humans up and them having to overcome." Nope. Superpower bullshit shows up. Why can't we just have people without powers take down a supernatural threat anymore?

Dex-chan lover
@sukets kamisama no iutoori is a good one i think. But don't read the sequel, the ending was bad. The author of kamisama no iutoori write another survival too, "blue lock". But i wonder if this genre is usually exaggerated unreasonable situation or just this author's style.

I guess the only decent survival is assasination classroom. Is that a survival?

Dex-chan lover
Soo I checked the raw (Ganma, it seems like they forgot to add the raw link).

So no spoiler but tbh after reading like 50+ chapter I can say this a shounen with the same exact shounen troupe.
It almost felt like Author ran out of idea or it was a pure bad writing, I am not sure.
Minor spoiler from 32-36 about DAT
these people felt like designed with Code Vein in mind and exactly looks like one too.

I rarely harsh for non romcom manga but this one is indeed trash just from the writing.
The idea is nice but due the lack of writing experience the story and character felt really weak in comparison to a manga I know (forgot the tittle but it's where people had insane amount of killing intents to their beloved one except that one done decently, not bad but not good either).

I tried to like this manga and I'm not trying to put hate on the author, but I'm dropping this manga😂😂
I hate the mc. He's so dumb and stupidly obsessed with heroism. I hate reading about main characters like him becuz I dunno, it's annoying. He tries to sacrifice himself every damn time for strangers. I hate how he gets superpower shit too. Why can't we have stories that have humans vs monsters but WITHOUT superpowers. The character I hate after him is Sana. She's so fuking useless and annoying and I have no idea why she's even a main character. She's like the dumb blonde girl in a campy horror film, but she's not the bitchy kind. She's a kind person, but I hate her uselessness. Scratch that, I hate every character except for the soldier dad and the dog. I'm only at the chapter where kokoro becomes a half-dragon lookin like titan eren😂 so I can't keep talking shit if I don't know how far this manga develops the characters. Good luck to everyone who is continuing till the end👊 u'll need all the braincells u could get💕

Could be better, it's not bad but also not good.
It has a mixture of AOT and Tokyo Ghoul, I like the idea but the execution is poor.
It's a good time waster.

Users who are viewing this thread