Tokyo Love Story - Vol. 4 Ch. 46 - Beyond Time

cant believe naoko/mikami ending came so easily. they also threw naoko's ex husband under the bus. Ending wouldve been better if mikami found another person considering his constant fuckups.

Thank you for scanlating this series.
Didn't expect that mikami ending tho....

Group Leader
I think it goes without saying: many, many thanks for finishing this series. When you first picked it up, I honestly wasnt expecting to see the end. That was well over a year ago now, how time flies!

30 years after the original run. Thank you so much guys for picking up and scanlating this series to its end

Group Leader
@Le_Dook: Ha, now I wonder if I should've been more forthcoming about my plans -- I had every intention to see it to the end from the moment I uploaded the first chapter.

In any case, I really do love this series and I hope I was able to convey some of its magic through my translation of it as well.
Thank you all for reading.

I confess I read only the first two and the last two chapters, my new preferred ways of reading romantic dramas. But I respect your efforts in translating it, @Amagasa and the dedication it takes to see a series through from start to finish.🤠

Actually I caught the last episode of the drama many years ago, so I already knew the ending. What really stuck with me was the theme song though. Made me a big fan of Oda Kazumasa and Off Course. But that's neither here or there. Thanks for translating the series!

everyone kinda sucks huh but i'm glad to have read this. thank you so much for going for it!! you did an amazing job!!

Group Leader
@AnimefangirlX Hey, read it as you see fit! I will say, however, that there were some really, really great moments in the "middle" bit that you skipped.
It might be a bit cliche of me to say this, but I feel like this is one of those series where it doesn't matter how exactly it ends -- it's more about the journey; about how we got there.

@betelgeuse: I like your summary: "everyone kinda sucks." It's accurate. Ultimately, I feel like "Tokyo Love Story" is just a story of these really young twentysomethings who end up hurting each other again, and again, and again... Because they don't know any better. And hey, to be fair, shit. I don't know if I could've done any better at their age.

@Amagasa thank you so much for your hard work! I believe you were very successful in conveying its uniqueness! It was a real pleasure reading it.

Aggregator gang
Ok, now I might watch the drama, even though everything about this manga makes me furious (but it made me interested in the person Rika is based on).

Thanks for your hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread