Tokyo Love Story - Vol. 4 Ch. 46 - Beyond Time

Group Leader
@basbas Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure translating it.

@suchtla I definitely recommend watching the 1991 drama adaptation. That's what inspired me to pick this up in the first place!

@Amagasa so true! they're young .. its fun to make this kind of drama and mistakes.

kanji and satomi just aint it, feels so fake.

Double-page supporter
@Amagasa, big thanks to you and everyone else at Tokyo Illusion & Happy scans. The setting, the art and even the story were so unique and different (from the usual garbage I'm hopelessly addicted to on MD).

Take a well deserved break and... what's next in your plans if you have any 🤩

Thanks for the ride for the manga ver., I didn't have time for the drama version and forgot to torrent it. One day, I'm gonna watch it when I have the time.

Group Leader
@rmrs I'm happy you liked the series. I'm not quite sure about my next manga project. I have a couple of things I've been looking at, but it's going to be a while. Thank you for your interest!

@quanzi Yes, I've had a look at it and I'm definitely interested in doing "Tokyo Love Story After 25 Years." It seems really good. But it's... How do I put this? Like the title implies, it's literally "25 years after" -- the characters are 50 years old! I realize this might disappoint some of you, but it just doesn't feel right to do it immediately after finishing the original series. I mean, just for me personally, it's "too soon." In my opinion, the ending to this manga is so perfect that I just selfishly want to bask in the afterglow of it for a while. I feel like I want to come back and do the sequel after some time has passed (assuming someone else doesn't get to it before I do -- which would be totally okay with me by the way, I obviously don't claim to have any sort of ownership of the series).

TLDR: Yes, I do want to translate "Tokyo Love Story After 25 Years." Just... not yet. My mind is not ready. 😉

@Amagasa: Thanks for the answer. I totally understand your feelings. It will take some time for me to completely digest "Tokyo Love Story". I'm really glad I got the chance to read it while I'm still (technically) within the characters' age range. This is the kind of series I can easily find myself keep coming back too every couple of years or so and still discover new things. I hope that by the time I turn 50 I will be ready for "Tokyo Love Story After 25 Years".

Users who are viewing this thread