Tokyo Mew Mew Olé!

Group Leader
A male version? :O. And here I was hoping that was a "tomboy" when I first saw the picture. Well, let's hope someone translates it anyways and see how it goes.

Group Leader
Are you going to alslo upload chapter 1?

edit, so chapter 1 was there... and then gone again? huh

Uhhh. Pretty sure this isn't shounen ai. It's quite possibly a reverse harem for the female MC.

@Nuinui Well the original girly series has Shojo ai elements for the rest of the cast and only the MC had any romanic interactions with male charcters.... It's a cast of pretty boys, shonen ai moments are bound to happen because fan service

Dex-chan lover
I have a distinct reason that me showing a buddy of mine the existence of this may have started the sudden EN scanlations of this...

This makes me sad because it just misses the heart of why I loved Tokyo Mew Mew as a kid. Maybe that's just the nostalgia speaking tho.

I don't know who added 'shonen-ai' but having fan service elements doesn't make it shonen-ai. Besides there isn't even any notable fan service elements between males.
Shonen-ai is when there is a romance between two or more males, and there are no romance between males here.
The tag missing, however, is reverse harem since literally all the males are definitely giving a loooot of attention to the MFC.

Besides that, the story isn't interesting at all. It's just Tokyo Mew Mew but with male and way too much fanservice (yet they still managed to not do at any point a fanservice situation between males). The story is literally the same as Tokyo Mew Mew.
The MC is a shy and weak dude who end up falling in love with a lady who is strong and sociable. He discovers his power and become super strong, he can do amazing stuff, want to laze under the sun and eat too much fish omg how original. There is the bitchy Mew Mew, the super star Mew Mew, the extrovert and great with acrobatics Mew Mew, and the shy and bullied Mew Mew who ends up going rampage but who in fact just want friends.
They didn't even try to make something different. It's just pure fanservice, but even the huge Mew Mew fan that I am isn't able to appreciate a bit of it.

I'm very thankful to the one who uploaded it tho

They should put harem into it lmao. Somehow this plot far away from the original tmm like their fight scene is not as heavy as the original even though they all are boys

The art is really nice and all. but... the cringe. this makes me cringe so hard.

On another note, can they really use the name tokyo mew mew? I remember there being a manga and even an anime called tokyo mew mew. I don't remember much of it's content though. Magical Girls and kitties or something like that.

Edit: I just googled a little bit and this one could be a spin off of the original? The Protagonis in the Original tokyo mew mew was a girl and also got infused with the DNA of the iriomote cat. Both are under Kodansha. But the artist now is different

I didn't know there were people translating this manga into English
Pleeeease keep translating !!!!!!

Group Leader
@avfiswaswa Yeah, it's a spin-off of the original Tokyo Mew Mew (hence why it's called Tokyo Mew Mew Au Lait.) It's actually one of two manga series being made as a celebration of the original Tokyo Mew Mew's 20th anniversary. This one purposefully has a separate plot and artist; the original creators picked this mangaka themselves to illustrate it since it's a different story. The other manga is just a sequel to the original series called "Tokyo Mew Mew Re-Turn 2020." It's also going to be getting a new anime remake as well.

Came for the cover. Not disappointed 🥳🥳

I hope the translator didn't drop this series 🥺🥺

Users who are viewing this thread