Tokyo MX has dropped Interspecies Reviewers from their broadcasting schedule

Fed-Kun's army
f4532f9b.jpg

Please don't tell me they put this because they know it will happen

Double-page supporter
Who cares. TMX always overcensor everything. Any sane person waits for AT-X anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
@BzzBzz I care. It's easy to look over it when you just go and take a rip from nyaa but the fact those cancellations spread from overseas streaming to japan local tv, there's a chance that even jp streaming services gonna have to take it down too.
And if you call mx overcensor it, you gotta have to see my country tv censorship. It's rather weird they could have it broadcasted in non paid channel in the first place though.

Fed-Kun's army
https://twitter.com/kanyomanyo/status/1225694878920630273
Apparently it got replaced with show about cruise.
Nice boat.

Dex-chan lover
@May_Lily

How many networks is it now? This show can’t catch a break seriously. Well with all of this I see is that ishuzoku reviewers has now received a a lot free promotion. Let’s see how far the rabbit hole this issue goes. At this point I’m hoping the show can at least finish. Wow lol it’s the top rank on MAL.

^ It has been three with Funimation, Amazon Prime Video and now this TV station. Also, I checked the My Anime List website and I see Interspecies Reviewers ranked as being number 2, but it's for this reason, or one of the reasons I should say I do not put must trust in My Anime List.

Double-page supporter
Amazon Prime Video was getting the video from Funimation so I'd only count it as 2.

Dex-chan lover
@May_Lily

Thanks, okay so 4 (technically 2 if we want to put it that way) then. The MAL listing is more of a joke, as anyone can manipulate the system. Even though it’s Ishuzoku reviewer is still airing on other Japanese stations, I still think something else might happen. Hopefully not but just a gut feeling.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, if things do get worst, the first one to drop next probably sun tv or kbs. Then maybe followed by free streaming site that have less censored ver like nico douga and abema.
But well on the good side, at least we got to see nice boat trending again tomorrow 1:30 am jp time.

@Granitefish
Amazon Prime Video was getting the video from Funimation so I'd only count it as 2.

I was going back and forth a bit whether I should count Amazon Prime Video in my response as like you said the service was getting these episodes from Funimation. However Amazon Prime Video is still a separate service from Funimation. I guess we can say two.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@Xzayer
okay so 4 (technically 2 if we want to put it that way) then.

Where does the 4 come from? Was there a 4th network that also dropped Interspecies Reviewers?

The MAL listing is more of a joke, as anyone can manipulate the system.

Yeah! I was reading a couple of the comments from MAL's forum that address this issue. It was aid that the staff of the website were going to fix this problem later in the month.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@421cookies
at least we got to see nice boat trending again tomorrow 1:30 am jp time.

Speaking of boat, what did that boat you mention early look like? I checked the twitter message earlier today, and I didn't see a picture, or you were copying what one of the comments to the message said?

Fed-Kun's army
@May_Lily Just go search nice boat and school days on google.
Also, they did show boat in ep4 too lol. I don't think it could be just a coincidence at this point.

Ummm.............. what are you guys talking about? The Original 4 primary Japanese channels are still showing Interspecies reviewers.

Tokyo MX is a small Japanese tv station that reran Interspecies and was majority 20% owned by a Radio station of all things. They don't have much influence or money but they are reliant on Dragonball reruns (this is probably how Funimation blackmailed them)

====================================

>>> Amazon Studios, the division that does all of Amazons Tv and media distribution and streaming has a Ceo named Jennifer Salkes that is known for being Political. Funimation was already known for being insanely Political to begin with.

So out of the 3 that dropped it, we have two American companies that are known to be political and one very Small Japanese channel that was probably blackmailed into taking it off by Funimation. I don't know what you guys are worried about.

We'll cross that bridge if it becomes more serious you know? There's not much to worry about yet.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, like hell funimation can do anything to kanto mainline anime broadcast. Considering that MX do comply to BPO request, the other 2 antenna channels would likely follow the same leaving only cable channels can broadcast it. This is practically the first time they ever dropped anime due to sexual content (School days, Higurashi, and Psycho-path all dropped due to similarity with murder case that happened when it aired). There's possibility that they will adjust the regulation somehow.

But well, the japanese mostly just laugh it off and give them the honour which show how streaming completely taking over tv. I just hope they won't do shit with streaming services that I use.

@421cookies
Just go search nice boat and school days on google.

I looked on the search engine I use often, and from what I have learn I do not like. 🙁

@crazybars
We'll cross that bridge if it becomes more serious you know? There's not much to worry about yet.

Assuming you are counting me along with the others, I have no reason to be worry. Interspecies Reviewer was never on my watchlist for the Winter 2020 anime season. If anything I am more of enjoying listening to and reading people's thoughts on this matter as well as some of the shenanigans resulting from this with how many of the people supporting this show are acting in My Anime List, or not since I have not checked back since.

Users who are viewing this thread