Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Didn't know the Chapters is complete, nice! Back then I drop a lot of manga because I was busy. I completely forgotten this XD.

I highly recommend this series to those who like shoujo romances!
The series is mostly focused on the growth of our two MC's Haru & Shizuku, & the relationships of characters in this series. There is a love triangle for both of our MCs but it was pretty obvious who the ml & fl were so it wasn't really annoying (honestly the ends of the love triangles who got rejected also grow a lot so all in all it was good)
Also I like Shizuku character development goes, and how she learns how to keep both her relationship and her academic goals in balance.

Over all a pretty great story, pretty sure Shizuku's & Haru's back stories made me cry (the back stories themselves weren't really that sad but children going through stuff always it's me in the feels), & l give it an 8.5/10!!

Read it all in one go ‘cause someone recommended it. It was a great journey and rollercoaster 9/10

I’ll be the first to say this I guess. You know that feeling you get near the end of a story where you invest your time into the characters. That feeling of your stomach turning. You get emotional and shit? Yea I didn’t feel that at all reading this.

Also didn’t like how they handled Harus past. Or Mittys mom stuff. The writing of both those things was barely tapped in to for me. And the love rival is a gnat that kept getting in the way in impeccable writing style! /s

Dex-chan lover
Just binged this off a recommendation. I gotta say just like the last comment the way they handled Haru's past and Mizutani mom stuff was pretty weak. Right after the birthday party when Haru left was a great chance for them to finally really understand each other but it just ended with yea sorry. They were building up on this whole thing with them not on the same page about things and it was never really resolved in a satisfying way. What would've been better is if Haru never really cared about being born a genius and wealthy and that he was sick of people using him for it, feeling jealousy towards him, and hatred in the end. That would've explained why he never wanted to talk about it because he felt everyone wouldn't see him for himself anymore but he was born with instead. So when Mizutani got jealous of what he had he just figured she was going to hate him too now so he just left. It would've been way better if Haru just left to go do research and didn't come back. It would've been similar to when he was little and ran away to his Aunt's place to do research after he thought his brother hated him. Then Mizutani could eventually figure out that what only mattered to Haru is what he gained on his own and not what he was born with, which was Mizutani. Then she could've flown to where he was doing research to find him and finally talk to him about everything. It would've been a way more epic resolution to everything. Mizutani could've used all the knowledge she learned from studying as she traveled across the world to find Haru. Mizutani could've also seen the research side of Haru too when they finally met again. There were just too many missed opportunities at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread