Tonari no Kurokawa-san

Dex-chan lover
Heh heh, I’ve seen this a million times before, what kind of ecchi secret is she… oh, just manga?

Shit man… that’s adorable (and all too relatable :meguuusad: ).

Dex-chan lover
Bog standard romcom aimed at lonely boys too afraid to approach a girl. Gratuitous, unbelievable wish fulfillment based around the dream that a girl (the hottest, smartest, extra most bestest girl that everyone else wants no less) will approach you so that you don't have to take the risk.

Ultimately harmless, but so delusional it makes me cringe. Rated way more highly than it deserves because it's exactly what its intended audience wants.

5/10. Purely average, if cringe-inducing.
I really don’t think it’s that deep my guy. The dude ain’t really jerking himself off about it, just happy to have made a friend.

Although I guess for a lot of people, “making friends” does fall into wish fulfillment so… :aquadrink:

The art is outstanding, but the plot is kinda... you know... cliche? Can't we just have a normal MC (no otaku bottom-feeder lonely ostracized bullsh*t), with normal classmates? I do not understand the appeal of an ultra-low MC being actively approached by some high status, beautiful, big brain FMC. I guess people of a certain stereotype like this because of the self-insertion and false hope it gives them. Still, there are only 3 chapters right now, so there's room for change, and there is still hope for the MC to turn into a normal person. I give this a preliminary 8/10 just because the art is so damn gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread