Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san

Dex-chan lover
So there nothing against uploading chapter ahead of the actual translation and not by the team doing it ? What kind of rules is that ?

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

I promise you that any rule that you would propose would break something. Giving one team effective possession may obstruct better scanlations; sincere scanlators may not have raws without chapter skips; &c.

A standing proposal is to have the Follows page include a warning when there are apparent gaps in the chapters, so that users are not blindly baited into reading spoiler uploads. One of the developers thought that it would involve a considerable computation burden, but I have sketched a way to make that burden relatively light. In any case, we've asking the developers to do still more work, and they'll be more likely to implement the suggestion if it gets wider support.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist Yeah, i think i may overreact about the one team only part but i think the big gap part is still a problem.

Dex-chan lover
@SteamedBunInvasion

I have absolutely no desire for what you provide. You are person who gets temporary relief from feelings of personal inadequacy by using what little power you have to make people unhappy. You understand that, if the developers become motivated to implement flagging of skips on the Follows page, then that power is notably reduced.

Dex-chan lover
@SteamedBunInvasion

I didn't read it. I recognized your account, went to the synopsis page instead of being baited from the Follows page, saw that there was indeed a skip, and then read the comments. When I read about your antisemitic reference, I just backed-up from a guessed end page (adding a digit to the chapter URL) to find that, so that I could mention and link to it in discussing your behavior elsewhere.

But, as, you know, the links on the Follows page give no warnings of chapter skips. It's not matter of people being unable to read; it's a matter of them not being given a warning (to read or otherwise to see). And I'm amongst those trying to get that changed.

Your victims aren't stupid; and, like most petty victimizers, you're actually quite inferior to most of those whom you victimize. What you do is simply a sneak attack.

Fed-Kun's army
Why is everyone so upset of course 58 comes after 20 dont y'all math?

Dex-chan lover
Anime is a big improvement, but thanks for the translation! 👍👍👍

Dex-chan lover
Now that just stupid. Can't we get this specific uploader ban ? It's not like he doing it by mistake. He just upload chapter in random order and ahead just for fun.

It's too bad that rss/follows don't really get warned about the chapter skips, unlike readers who come from previous chapters. Perhaps all chapters that come after a gap should have some kind of marker like an asterisk or # to mark that there's a gap?

Dex-chan lover
I'm also kind of annoyed by people saying "it's free so there no problem doing that", it's such a bad mentality. There a lot of things that are free to do but not ok to do like if i want to hit someone in the street i can do itand it's free but it's not really ok to do it. It's kinda the same thing here, just because you can upload chapter way ahead doesn't mean you have to do it, especially when 1)A team is still working on it regulary and 2) you do it knowning that andwith amlicious intents.

Miku best girl
Admin
We have rolled out an update warning people about chapter gaps, no matter how you enter the chapter. This should be sufficient warning to prevent people from getting accidentally spoiled.

For the record, if the uploader is uploading future chapters for the sole intention of pissing people off, then that it is a dick move. However, it is near impossible to have a rule which covers these situations, because "uploading in bad faith" can't be proved, and "uploading future chapters" also covers legitimate cases where it is necessary to do so (official chapters, groups who have pulled out, etc)

Therefore we believe that this new function that warns about gaps should be sufficient. If the reader goes on to read it knowing that there's a massive gap, then that's their fault. It should be impossible to get spoiled accidentally now.

Oh look the uploader is being a total dick i believe that serves a good reason to look more in to the reason why the releases are inconsistent right?

Oh in my opinion the "update warning people about chapter gaps" is like a band-aid for a gaping wound in this case

Dex-chan lover
Also it's the first time i see such a website who authorize chapters upload ahead and not in chronological order.

Dex-chan lover
Sooooo ? Also i'm nitpicking but put the cover with a character that we had yet to see is a bit strange.

thanks for the chapters PPP

i'm looking forward towards your future translation for this series, so keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread