Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 2 Ch. 24 - I still don't know you, Shia-san

Group Leader
I'm open to suggestions regarding translation, I rely on dictionaries and translators to figure out the dialogues.

I understood that Yada as an interjection is rejection or negation, so I thought the most fitting with the dialogue was "I don't", negating and putting a stop to what she was about to say.
I'll have to check the raws, but if that's what she said and what you're going for, "...no way." might've been a contextually better translation. There is emphasis on interjection and her disbelief over specifically negating the question, while being unclear enough to elicit his confusion.

The counterargument would be that Shia's response would be 無理 in that case, and that やだ has a more negative connotation to it, but I'd argue that the English "no way" has a general enough meaning suited for this unclear flawed narrator's perspective.

Dex-chan lover
its been a while since Tasuku got too excited lol. No matter how much progess you make there's still gonna be moments like this

Group Leader
I'll have to check the raws, but if that's what she said and what you're going for, "...no way." might've been a contextually better translation. There is emphasis on interjection and her disbelief over specifically negating the question, while being unclear enough to elicit his confusion.

The counterargument would be that Shia's response would be 無理 in that case, and that やだ has a more negative connotation to it, but I'd argue that the English "no way" has a general enough meaning suited for this unclear flawed narrator's perspective.
The text in the raws starting from Tasuku excited-screaming in page 12 is:

Tasuku:
じゃあ俺のことを...あの...
紡兄くらいには好きになってくれたってことですか!?

Shia:
いや好きって...
嫌だ

Overall I get the feel she's about to say it and she stops herself from doing so upon realization, disuasory tactics.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man this girl is exhausting. Little guy has to put in way too much effort. But I guess that's why Tsumugu says she's a pain.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, can you people really not read the room to this extent? He deadass told her that he knows she got the hots for his older bro even tho she deflected previously. Then proceeded to push his shit onto her despite her being visibly shook. Idk but lil bro needs to learn when to stfu.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, can you people really not read the room to this extent? He deadass told her that he knows she got the hots for his older bro even tho she deflected previously. Then proceeded to push his shit onto her despite her being visibly shook. Idk but lil bro needs to learn when to stfu.
wasn't it disproven a few chapters ago that she has feelings for his older brother

Dex-chan lover
You people can't be serious. It's as simple as can be. She was about to say she liked him and she caught herself. Anyone who is still confused about Shia's feelings needs to go get diagnosed because you've got to have some kind of cognitive deficit.

If you need the entire emotional arc of this part of the manga spelled out for you: Shia is awakening to her feelings for Tasuku and is embarrassed by them because she pushed back so hard on his feelings earlier. She also still suffers from low self-esteem and thinks she's unworthy of being loved, though she's begrudgingly accepted that Tasuku likes her despite how annoying she can be.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i for one want the older brother NTR route. it will only make him stronger and he will rise from the ashes like the phoenix from its' grave

i for one want the older brother NTR route. it will only make him stronger and he will rise from the ashes like the phoenix from its' grave

0% chance this happens. Of course they'll end up together, but there has to be a certain level of drama and character growth before that happens otherwise there's no real point. What i like most about this manga is most of the drama isn't the forced "muh misunderstandings" tropes so common to this genre, it comes from having two realistic, flawed kids with lots of growing up to do who need to understand themselves as much as each other.

Aggregator gang
Jesus some of you guys can't read between the line. You should go back to elementary

Dex-chan lover
I feel like if she actually liked the older brother, she wouldn't have kicked him out like that, and she'd be acting more guilt-ridden rather than embarrassed.

Users who are viewing this thread