Tonari no Seki no Satou-san

@FredFriendly I certainly agree that at first I wasn't a fan of the mc whatsoever, but I think there's a whole lot of intricacy to his character as you continue to read. My personal understanding was that
as yamaguchi spent more and more of his time getting to know and talking to satou, and as his feelings for her developed into what they are now, he began to question himself and look down on himself, just as he had with her when they first started talking. I noticed a big shift in the manga as yamaguchi started to talk about himself. Before he only talked about how bad satou was at everything, but now he's constantly kicking himself over the fact that he can't live up to the romanticized viewpoint that satou seems to hold him to, and he seems to loathe himself over it.

I could certainly see how someone could dislike a character like yamaguchi at first, because as I mentioned i wouldve agreed with you if we were just talking the first volume, but just as his opinion of satou had warped into what it is now, my opinion on yamaguchi took a pretty big turn itself as time goes on. Sorry for the wall of text on this one, I just got really absorbed in this manga and wanted to share my thoughts. Side note, thanks for your work on "Our Relationship Is," I read that one a while ago and knew I recognized your name when I saw it in the comment.

@JamesTherXD that's way too vague to pinpoint any singular anime (or manga) but if that can help, I recommend the anime Hyouka (or the light novel of it).

Both this manga and Hyouka have mature characters with interesting dynamics, relatable, or at the very least, credible personal and interpersonal issues and they take the time to discuss things and have some inner monologues at times.

Btw, hilarious to see people talking about Yamaguchi as if he has ever done or said anything wrong to Satou.

You are literally judging him based on his inner monologue, which, as masterfully demonstrated by the TL, is more about him sorting out his feelings and his perception of Satou and himself. Mind you, we never had a moment of POV or internal struggle from Satou so who knows what she really thinks of Yamaguchi ?

I guess wrongthink and thought crimes aren't that far off...

Fed-Kun's army
The entire volume has been scanlated and sent to the purchasers. From here, there will be a delay of 1-2 weeks before chapter 16 will be posted, and then one chapter will be released every week. I want to thank everyone who read the chapter 15 I posted and has found it worthwhile. I can certainly understand the individual circumstances and if it happened that you can't or don't want to buy the volume, that's perfectly fine with me. Just consider it the next time if your circumstances or opinions change and supporting the author and the industry is a good thing to do.

Of course, I want to especially thank those who purchased the volume and want to invite them to continue to check out this page and read the released chapters again because there are usually some changes and corrections that happen right before. In fact, the MD release is to be considered the "final" release, and even that gets tweaked from time to time.

And if you think, what a bullshit, 1-2 weeks and one a week after that!? Well, it is only around $6 and you can have the whole enchilada.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy great job on the translation mate.
I don't think any of us has any right to complain, at the end of the day we will all be reading it for free without ever contributing to the industry, the author or even the one doing the translation.

I would consider a short wait of a week between chapters a reasonable exchange for a free experience...

Well, I finished it, being one of the buyers, and I have to say that it was worth every yen thanks to Paul's translation. Without spoiling any details, the volume ends perfectly and I hope that all of you will at least consider supporting the author so that we can have more of this in the future.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy Thank you so much for translating it mate and it was a great translation..
@SilverGrove Yes i already watch hyouka and read the LN (1-6 volumes and cant wait for the 7th one)... it was a incredible ride for me and judging the cover art of volume 3 of Tonari no Seki no Satou-san.. it will be a
Happy Ending
(still didnt read vol3)

Walked in with low expectations. I owe this comic an apology. This is excellent.

i like this one a lot and highly recommend it to those looking for a fun romance. It has decent progression which many others, while I like them, don't seem to have. Good growth. The rating on this one definitely seems earned, not just based on popularity.

Group Leader
This is lovely and absolutely precious... but!! and let me preface this by saying I'm sorry for even saying this...

The MC that is slow in the uptake and a bit uncertain in the beginning, the heroine that is a plain jane, cheerful but with low esteem, and easily impressionable... My brain can't help but see this couple as the perfect NTR-able couple in an eromanga.

Fed-Kun's army
UPDATE

Thanks everyone, we've easily surpassed 50, thanks to several buyers who purchased all 3 volumes instead of just vol. 3. One completely mad lad even bought all 3 volumes plus the colorized volume 1! So next arc of the WN will be translated. Initially, it'll go to the purchasers and then after some wait, I'll figure out a way to post it.

And on a related news, someone is trying to catch up the WN to chapter 40 on the novelupdate site so maybe we'll have it completed.

Fed-Kun's army
Chapter 41 of the web novel has been sent to people who showed support by purchasing the manga. Although it immediately follows the end of the manga, there is no real spoiler there even if you haven't read the unuploaded chapters. The rest of this 11 chapter school cultural festival arc will follow at an irregular schedule.

Chapter 41 will be posted on MD discussion board and reddit post of the chapter 21 of the manga, so that's still about a month off. After that, I'll figure out a way to post the rest of it. Maybe I'll make a novelupdate site account.

Users who are viewing this thread