Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Appetite over Money

Have we forgotten the fact that his main ability is meal buffs?
Is that just gone now?

Dex-chan lover
Who is translating this?
Or more specifically: Who, after criticising the American use of Imperial measurements, is enough of a hypocrite to misspell Aluminium the American way? You don't like their way of doing things? Don't use their fucking spelling then.

And no, shitty protagonist, if it is beef it doesn't have to be "that". There are hundreds of things you can do with beef, which you'd fuckin know if you ever cooked with anything besides rockbird.

@The5thSeraph No no no, as an American, the imperial measurements are trash, but people who pronounce Element 13 as "Al-you-mini-um" (and by extension those who spell it "Aluminium") are even worse trash.
It's not hypocrisy to like some of what someone does but hate other things they're doing.

Double-page supporter
@ChrunchBoi The food from his world give buff, not his cooking, since he used monster meat all the time and only use a small ammount of food from other world like breadcrumb, soy sauce, the buff are very little

@Mov201
Yeah, but he still uses the his world stuff though.
Just a soup base gave a 20% stamina increase, so I'd assume all the other stuff would give a decent amount too.
But I guess this whole story is more leaning into being a Japanese cooking one, with isekai adventure just being the framework.
But I also really hope those are brought up again, like maybe he could end up getting seperated from Fenrir and Sui at some point and has to fully survive on his own for while off of food buffs or something.
I just don't like dropped plot points, ya'know?

Dex-chan lover
@TUSF
So it is trashy to you to call things what they are, and pronounce them as they're meant to be pronounced, as opposed to adopting a complete and utter fuck-up as fact instead?
Or did nobody inform you that the current american misspelling "aluminum" was literally the result of a typo and idiots not noticing until it was too late?

It is aluminium, not "aluminum".
Similarly sulphur rather than "sulfur". And Caesium rather than "Cesium" for that matter. Why muricans can't leave well enough alone with the periodic table, nobody knows.

@The5thSeraph See, it's even worse trash to get hung up about dumb spelling differences that everyone already understands anyways. If you want to go with the TRUE, absolutely FIRST coinage of Element 13's name, it would be "alumium".

Dex-chan lover
@TUSF
See, it's even worse trash to get hung up about dumb spelling differences that everyone already understands anyways.
Negatory. Communication functions through consistency and breaks down through inconsistency. Allowing inconsistencies to simply persist contributes to the overall inconsistency of the system and lowers the functionality of language.

If you want to go with the TRUE, absolutely FIRST coinage of Element 13's name, it would be "alumium".
And the international community didn't care for Humphry Davy's naming sense. It never stuck. What of it?

@The5thSeraph
Communication functions through consistency and breaks down through inconsistency. Allowing inconsistencies to simply persist contributes to the overall inconsistency of the system and lowers the functionality of language.
Amazing. Everything you said was wrong. Like, not even a little bit right.

Dex-chan lover
@TUSF
No, everything I said was absolutely correct. I'd normally go so far as to say indisputably correct, though I mentioned it so as to draw attention to it since one wouldn't normally realise it if not thinking about it actively. Still, to actually disagree with it?
No, that doesn't parse at all.
So the question arises whether you are deliberately peddling falsehood in an attempt to troll me (deliberately forcing a communication failure), or whether you're just incredibly stupid and stubborn (forcing a communication failure through your incompetence). It has to be one of the two, but it is rather tough to know which these days.

So which are you? A troll or an idiot? I don't believe there is a third option here, but feel free not to answer at all if you are so inclined. I'd welcome the quiet.

@The5thSeraph
Honestly, I find it hilarious how you try to talk as if you're smart by adding extra large words without reason, and then lecture others about "communication failures".
The third option is "not putting up with your prescriptivist nonsense".

Dex-chan lover
@TUSF
I find it hilarious how you try to talk as if you're smart by adding extra large words without reason
So you are just a stubborn idiot and felt like proving it. How disappointing.

A shame I can't get the time back wasted on you.
Now off to the block list with the other garbage. Shoo shoo.

Dex-chan lover
@YeeTheKIWI
Did you intend to tag me while badmouthing me to some (now blocked) random tard?
I don't appreciate my time being wasted like that. There is plenty more room on the block list if I must use it.

At least I presume there is plenty of room on it. But it must have an upper limit somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
Is this the famous poultry-eating isekai I've heard so much about?

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

At this point he should probably start investing in some strength or something so that way he can handle giant pots and pans

Users who are viewing this thread