Tonikaku Kawaii - Ch. 251 - Immortality and Determination

Group Leader
e5X2U9.gif

Pinkie promise that we are still doing it. Also Contact me on Discord server if you can give us a hand.

Dex-chan lover
Sugawara-no-Michizane, a Nara period (or Heian I can't remember) aristocrat famous for being the one to convince the emperor to stop sending embassies to China among other things. He's worshipped by students studying for exams to help them study well
Pardon me, but Ch 249 outright points out that this Mao child will later be known by the title Koubou Daishi - a famous monk, calligrapher and poet who founded the Shingon school of Buddhism. Legend has it that he was the inventor of the Kana syllabary of the Japanese language (ie invented the prototype writing system that later engendered the modern Hiragana and Katakana)

And Tsukasa happened to be teaching the young Saeki no Mao calligraphy and renowned literature in that same issue...

Dex-chan lover
Pardon me, but Ch 249 outright points out that this Mao child will later be known by the title Koubou Daishi - a famous monk, calligrapher and poet who founded the Shingon school of Buddhism. Legend has it that he was the inventor of the Kana syllabary of the Japanese language (ie invented the prototype writing system that later engendered the modern Hiragana and Katakana)

And Tsukasa happened to be teaching the young Saeki no Mao calligraphy and renowned literature in that same issue...
Oh my bad then, I got it confused since Sugawara-no-Michizane was mentioned at some point. My thought process was he's either a monk or Sugawara-no-Michizane. He can't be kukai since we've already met him and my mind just went to sugawara I guess because nasa mentioned him? I'm sure we'll meet him at some point as well

Dex-chan lover

Also like isn't Kobo Daishi like 2 or 3 years older than Kūkai? They went on the same embassy to China iirc. How did Tsukasa meet both of them?

Dex-chan lover
Also like isn't Kobo Daishi like 2 or 3 years older than Kūkai? They went on the same embassy to China iirc. How did Tsukasa meet both of them?
Please refer to the Wikipedia link I sent again: Saeki no Mao (birth name), Kukai (monk name) and Kobo Daishi (posthumous title) are one in the same

Users who are viewing this thread