Tonikaku Kawaii - Ch. 253 - Immortality and Indestructibility

Dex-chan lover
Certified punk rocker!

Bit by bit we're starting to understand the depth of Tsukasa's sorrow. Many cherished and important people through the ages have discovered her secret and dedicated their lives to unsuccessfully help her reaching an impossible goal (and achieveing great things because of it, as a side result). She tries to keep a strong face and hide her suffering to avoid her beloved ones from wasting their lives for her sake time and time again. Every time she slips up and someone discovers her identity the cycle repeats, further increasing her sorrow and despair. She cannot allow herself to confide or vent her emotions with anybody, but some times she just cannot help herself and opens up a little bit...and it always backfires on her.
Cannot help remebering Tokiko's words as she entrusted her big sister to Nasa, saying she "gets hurt easily".

Dex-chan lover
The kanji is probably different but can’t help but getting imaginative about the sokushinbutsu term. It could be interpreted as “Buddha with your existing body” isn’t it?
I wonder how the idea has same instinctive root as the idea about “resurrection of the flesh”. As opposed to being resurrected/enlightened as spirit or receiving new body after crossing over death.

Also, is the Buddha canonically reached enlightenment after death? If I’m not mistaken, the Vesak commemorate his birth, enlightenment, and death. So the must have canonically believe it’s through death isn’t it?

Dex-chan lover
Suddenly Ruka cameo lol

Anyway looks like Mao isn't become the antagonist as I had thought.

Group Leader
Also, is the Buddha canonically reached enlightenment after death? If I’m not mistaken, the Vesak commemorate his birth, enlightenment, and death. So the must have canonically believe it’s through death isn’t it?
He was enlighten while he was still alive. And this was not for torturing method butby simply realizing the four noble truth. He passed away with normal health implications at 80.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, thanks.
Yeah, kind of remember from Tezuka’s manga telling about him also coming to the conclusion early about all those “the more your flesh starve/tortured = the more your soul is feed” method of his contemporaries who went through dangerous meditation fasting are not going to work.

Group Leader
Ah, thanks.
Yeah, kind of remember from Tezuka’s manga telling about him also coming to the conclusion early about all those “the more your flesh starve/tortured = the more your soul is feed” method of his contemporaries who went through dangerous meditation fasting are not going to work.
Budda actually tried this. Does not work. Quits on torturing himself. And just meditating. He then enlighten weeks after.

Torturing goes againts core buddhism ideal. But there are so many branch of it Welp Tsukasa said nivarna so it it i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread