Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 16 Ch. 137 - Roar, my stomach is a furnace

You know, I never understood why a expensive restaurant is considered a dating spot. Dunno, I feel like if the goal was to get good food then just go to a normal restaurant not an expensive place. Is it a cultural thing to show off money? Like how guys wants to get expensive cars to impress people. For real though, a car is a car just like how good food is good food.

Double-page supporter
I don't take into account the price. I just take into account how good the food is, and how good the atmosphere is. There is a great mexican italian place in my town. there is one place that is $16 for a burrito with salsa verde, and there is another place 100 feet away where the same dish costs around $5 the $5 place tastes much better.

Double-page supporter
@JigukoHana11 the expensive car thing is not just about showing off. It is an expensive hobby. Although all of the cool cars are 30-20 year old japanese sports cars. expensive cars are fun, and possibly offer more comfort.

Dex-chan lover
@JigokuHana11 Well it's just cultural distortion I suppose. If you take someone you like to a place that serves amazing food and atmosphere...the idea is that they feel pampered. It's not about the money as much as it is about saying "look, don't worry about a thing, I just want you to enjoy yourself without worry".

And usually that means an expensive location, though not always. If you want to bring your date to an out-of-the-way eatery with a cosy warm atmosphere with cheap but delicious and inviting food...that's fine too, as long as your date feels the same way, and you know it beforehand. But if you spent half the time explaining why this place is a gem to you and he/she should feel comfortable, when initially they aren't..well you kind of just failed at the point.

It's not about the actual food or place, it's about how they feel about it. Choosing an unorthodox place is something you would do more casually between friends, or when your date is an informal one, or the place is somewhere you two have been before.

Somewhere along the way it got distorted, or maybe it's just easier to understand, that going to an expensive place is the whole point. Which it isn't...it just happens to usually be the ideal choice.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man is Hata actually setting up the seeds for a future Cheek Clapping Chapter??

Dex-chan lover
I guess in the future we are going to learn that Tsukasa was the Spoiled Pillar.

Dex-chan lover
so she knows to call kaname out on her bullshit but falls for it herself

pensive

Aggregator gang
Well Zimbabwe doesn't know how to stop their currencies from inflating (They've tried 5 different times) so that is a pretty useless conversion

Dex-chan lover
That girl is talking out her ass so hard I'm surprised she didn't fart. 🤨

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, nice reference to Love and Snake.
Also thanks for conversion to Zimbabwean currency, it's my second most important currency to know about after Norwegian Krone.

Users who are viewing this thread