Too Close

I was kinda hoping Xu Ze would be the uke but it seems he's actually the seme. Not complaining though they're still cute <3

Sadly, I'm dropping this one. I really liked where it was going
pre-timeskip
but everything feels way too rushed and unnatural now. A real shame, I'd recommend 'The Story About Me x You' as an alternative. Really similar premise, way better execution.

@FancyTuna I agree. It's good and all, but was taken aback by
the time skip.
I thought the story would continue to touch on the struggles of trying to figure out one's self and orientation as a young person, and coming to terms with it.

I'll keep reading (I'm only @ chapter 50 as of now) just to see where it goes, though.

(edit: Also, yes, "The Story About You x Me" is so damn good and very worthwhile. If "Too Close" ever disappoints any of you, go read that one to heal lmao.)

Some people already said that but if you're disappointed with Too Close, The Story About You x Me has basically the same initial idea (delinquent vs. vice president kinda thing) and a way better execution. It's sweet and slow, feels very natural!

the story was really good until the
time skip
. i just think it would have been better if they executed their life during highschool.

To be honest, I think the time-skip idea could've worked but they just got back together way too quickly. I think the sudden separation actually makes sense in the context of young love: if the author developed the relationship more before the time skip, and then had their characters dramatically change after the time skip rather than having them get back together in like 10 chapters, I think it would've been a interesting story. The way the time-skip is now makes it seem like between high school and college the character relationships stayed almost the same, which makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread