Top Manga Rating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add a top manga rating system based on the average rating per person who rated, either as a replacement to the current system or as a supplement to it.

Double-page supporter
@Chinay
average rating per person who rated
So... If a person's average rating is 8, give it to a manga he rated and use it to calculate another mean rating? 🤔

But maybe you're talking about something entirely different, so I'll wait for your clarification before issuing an award.

Actually, now that I think about it, my original idea was stupid as frick. However, since I unwittingly future-proofed my thread title, I propose a new idea: a “Most Popular, Best Rated”-sequel tab to the “Top manga” section of the main page, where the manga are positioned based on some calculated correlation between the title’s rating and its readership over a certain time period of the user’s choice, though it’d be over a major time period such as a day, a week, a month, etc. (changeable in mini settings menu).

again is it really needed ? we can clearly see by the amount of Views the Most Popular of the day, week and month and about the best rated well Top Manga already organizes the titles by rating, unless you have select "Follows" instead of "Rating"

Dex-chan lover
the manga are positioned based on some calculated correlation between the title’s rating and its readership over a certain time period of the user’s choice
Not 100% sure, but I don't think the site keeps track of changes in ratings over time. I vaguely remember a similar thread where something similar was similarly brought up similarly.

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan posted:
... I vaguely remember a similar thread where something similar was similarly brought up similarly.
jLBGTD8b.png

we can clearly see by the amount of Views the Most Popular of the day, week and month and about the best rated well Top Manga already organizes the titles by rating, unless you have select "Follows" instead of "Rating"
@CrimsonDarkh, I know that; however, this system I am proposing is an extension of the star-rating system in that it takes the popularity of a title into account when placing it onto the rankings board.

Dex-chan lover
Unless you can give an actual example of any websites that does what you suggest and its importance to the site or readers, it honestly sounds like you're just proposing a complicated ranking thing no one cares about (except you)

Double-page supporter
based on some calculated correlation between the title’s rating

😑​

Greetings.

I represent the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums" initiative. Thank you for making a suggestion.
After some deliberation, we have decided to give your suggestion the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" award and count it as a vote towards the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums."
This award is given to suggestions of which the suggester doesn't know exactly what and why they're suggesting and expect someone else to figure it out for them.
You don't have to do anything and you cannot be excused from participating in our initiative.

Thank you for your contribution and have a nice day.

related suggestion:
--- Graph to view the change in manga rating over time?
--- Implement true rating.

In the sticky: no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread