Top Tier Providence

Dex-chan lover
MC is on an absolute based sigma grindset the whole story, definitely recommended to read

Dex-chan lover
It's not that I don't like it. I do but I got really damn bored reading the novel and gave up. I was way into the thousands when I gave up so I really tried.

Dex-chan lover
All the images I built up in my head from reading the novel have been ruined. Oh well

It's so good to read a story where the MC doesn't waste time to start beating people up. They deliver themselves to him and he finishes them quickly.
Don't hesitate and star reading.

Double-page supporter
I struggle with cultivation stories in general, just weird to me to casually lose 10-20 years sitting in one spot like a glorified solar panel. But it's slightly refreshing to see one where the MC isn't trying to trashtalk people or picking pointless fights every 5 minutes. Having a cheat video game system providing him with everything he needs works surprisingly much better than all the other ones I've seen where the MC just inherently knows every bit of random trivia ever recorded.

I persisted in reading this for way too long, it's incredibly boring. Instead of the typical extreme in cultivator series of an overly aggressive and combative MC, we swing entirely the other way to a completely passive and cowardly MC. Entire arcs of the MC just sitting and cultivating followed by a couple panels of him one-shotting whoever. There are no stakes, most of the character development is told through status panel updates, and side characters pop in and out of arcs with no explanation or reason. The one positive thing I will say is that the art is amazing, truly skilled and unique among the cultivation series I've read.

It's really bad in a weird way. It reminds me of when I once read a story that was about... a tree. Yes, literally seeing the world through the perspective of a tree between time skips. But even then, it had a purpose in world building in its own weird and bad way. With this story on the other hand, I don't get the aim of the author. Forget world building, the author can't even establish the dang plot. The art is pretty good and it has a decent sense of comedy, but the problem is that the story goes nowhere. It is full of plot threads that abruptly terminate the next chapter if not the chapter it is in. You don't get the chance to care about any of the characters. They're meaningless and get like a panel or two of screen-time every once in a while to remind you that they exist. Or that they died. Who knows. It's basically a lot of "tell" and not "show."

Unless you like being blue-balled by empty promises and an empty story, it's a 6/10. I can only imagine the people who rated this highly did not get far enough into the story to realize how boring it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread