Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Foxes In Law

Dex-chan lover
OP, I think you’ve got a mistranslation with “Landlord” – Japanese has a handful of terms that can variously translate as “landlord”, “master” (in both senses of the term), “owner”, “host”, and “husband”.
Since she’s talking about Goro, she might be saying “Landlord” but I suspect she’s using an antiquated, formal way of referring to one’s husband or fiancé or such.

Group Leader
OP, I think you’ve got a mistranslation with “Landlord” – Japanese has a handful of terms that can variously translate as “landlord”, “master” (in both senses of the term), “owner”, “host”, and “husband”.
Since she’s talking about Goro, she might be saying “Landlord” but I suspect she’s using an antiquated, formal way of referring to one’s husband or fiancé or such.
She's specifically using 家主さん, which is 'landlord' now, but is technically 'the person who owns the house'. She is being very roundabout and not calling him husband, but I guess 'head of household' would be more of the spirit, let me fix that, thanks.

Last edited:
Group Leader
She’s hiding them on purpose – they’re disappearing on panel three, gone by panel four, and reappear with a boing when she sees it’s her father, not some human.
I really wanted to add 'whirrrrr' or 'vweeeen' noises for her ears going down, but the raws have no sfx at all.

Dex-chan lover
He has a fox bride, how can he not be happy? I mean, that tail...

Dex-chan lover
I think the author did an oopsie and just forgot to draw them in.

Also, man what a bummer that he could not meet her parents.
She can freely hide them when needed. In chapter 7, she went out shopping with Goro. She looked quite human, without animal ears. I'd assume that also happens when she visits a grocery store to get the ingredients needed for the meals.

Dex-chan lover
The mother is the one I'd be more afraid of if one could not have a good marriage. That kind of bouncy energy will be held up as a mask until a decisive blow is struck. Then full emotional demon mother protecting/avenging her baby.

Users who are viewing this thread