Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Squishy Fox

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I was not entirely sure of the physics behind her human body gaining weight. Oh well, maybe a ratio of increased human weight goes back to the fox? Like 5 kg human means 0.5 kg fox increase. Well, it's funny, that's all that really matters.
I will assume that she just has gotten so used to being in human form, that it simply didn't occur to her to use her shapeshifting to modify her weight.

Group Leader
Oh yeah, interesting TL note. It's very unusual to find proverbs, idioms, etc. that are exactly the same from language to language because those are usually deeply cultural. Like in Japanese, there's 'I'll even accept a cat's paw for help' which means you're so desperate you'll even rely on a cat even though cats are notoriously not helpful. That same phrasing doesn't exist naturally in English.

But on page 5, the two birds one stone thing is exactly the same in Japanese as English (two birds, one rock). Shared ancient hunting frustrations.

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't she just shapeshift herself into losing weight?
Im guessing conservation of mass and all that physics so it has to go somewhere. Besides she might look skinnier but be more sluggish and less healthy.

Now what I really wanna see is a squishy fox wife. Im sure she can shapeshift into that

Dex-chan lover
Kogane is casually breaking the fourth wall here
89sgwa.PNG

Dex-chan lover
<snip> (two birds, one rock). Shared ancient hunting frustrations.
It's the opposite! Being able to "kill two birds with one stone" implies being lucky, clever, or skillful. So, Goro uses it right in the panel: can I find a clever solution?

Frustration would be killing zero birds with many stones ;) Thanks for TL!

Users who are viewing this thread