Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Fox Wedding

Group Leader
Well, that was a nice one, and he can do non-cartoony if he really wants to!

And just in case it isn't clear from the TL notes: Kogane suggests the fox bride might have been getting married to a human, like her, because young granny saw the bridal procession near a human town. And if a fox was just getting married to a fox they wouldn't need to come near a human town. Then granny wonders if they're really the same type of fox, because the bride was so composed and beautiful, and Kogane's kind of derpy.

Dex-chan lover
Aw fantastic. I was worried she would be one of those stereotypical bigoted pain-in-the-ass landlady that are portrayed in manga.

Group Leader
In manga, an old lady in an apartment near you (especially when the face is drawn like that) is very often a nosy busybody. That's what I assumed too! Of course if she has the smiling, eyes closed, old person Buddha face, then she's almost always good, but that's not how granny here is drawn. Worst of all is the bitter old landlady who hates everyone and everything and suspects the MC of doing all the bad things (which he may actually be doing). It's not always the case, but I've seen it enough to know what he meant. In that trope she wouldn't have seen the ears, but would suspect Kogane of something (zomg blonde foreigner wife!) and relentlessly spy on her. Thankfully that did not happen.

Dex-chan lover
In manga, an old lady in an apartment near you (especially when the face is drawn like that) is very often a nosy busybody. That's what I assumed too! Of course if she has the smiling, eyes closed, old person Buddha face, then she's almost always good, but that's not how granny here is drawn. Worst of all is the bitter old landlady who hates everyone and everything and suspects the MC of doing all the bad things (which he may actually be doing). It's not always the case, but I've seen it enough to know what he meant. In that trope she wouldn't have seen the ears, but would suspect Kogane of something (zomg blonde foreigner wife!) and relentlessly spy on her. Thankfully that did not happen.
I'm aware of the trope but the word bigoted made me unsure what the poster meant.

In the "fluffier" (in this case literally) romcoms I've read lately, there've been many spectators which eagerly watch the goofy young couple fall in love, so I didn't expect her to be negative (i. e. in Akutsu-san). Thank you very much for the chapters and the translator's notes.

Users who are viewing this thread