Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 38 - Glasses?

Group Leader
Aaaaand, adios Stalker-kun. We never knew your name, and I don't really care!

So hopefully the notes page cleared up most of it, but some people I had PR it were a little confused because this chapter is deliberately cagey. What I think is going on:
  • Stalker-kun managing to burst out (nobody was expecting that) and then exploding into ink when the glasses get him is caused by his evil aura interacting with Mogami-san's divine aura, as Akane says on page 7.
  • Mogami-san obviously cares about Goro-san so she saved him twice, but can't be seen doing that (as she says on page 9), so she's pretending that it's all coincidence and that American Evil Banishing Totem-kun is what saved Goro-san twice. Akane figures this out at the end after Mogami says AEBT-kun 'worked twice'. It can't, it broke after the first time, but wink wink. And that's why Akane gets emotional on the last two pages, since Mogami cagily confesses to having saved Goro twice.
  • Mogami's obviously got more going on because she could have just squashed Stalker-kun the first time, but wanted to see how things would play out? And Stalker-kun wouldn't have escaped the pot to begin with if she weren't there (if the first point is correct).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So, the glasses was a protection from the supreme inari/Mogami-san? That's why the stalker exploded into ink?

Also, why in the world would the foxes bring the MC to basically a public execution? What reason is there to show him that?

Dex-chan lover
I never anticipated it would turn into a public execution. If someone does something stupid like that clown, I suppose they have to set a precedent. I'm guessing also that Mogami wanted to assess Goro's genuine feelings for Kogane, as interspecies marriages hold great importance for them.

Dex-chan lover
Our human MC is integrating in degrees into this fox society even as our fox MC is integrating into human society. While a bit jarring, I actually found this chapter on point in revealing some of the different customs and values that might surround such an unusual marriage.

Group Leader
This chapter was a little confusing, but it's nice that stuff is happening.

Fun manga, thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Boiling his ass alive was not what I was expecting, they're serious about this masquerade shit

Users who are viewing this thread