Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 23 - The 23rd Floor: Lila-Amamiya

Dex-chan lover
What i don't get is why they thought it'd be a good idea to mess with the MC. He got two seraphim on hand, several very high level beings underneath of him, and all FOUR gods backing him! He is, quite literally, the last person on the planet to mess with!

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the name issue is lost in translation because Crown is a much shorter and powerful name in English than "Peaceful Castle in the Sky"

Dex-chan lover
When your own gods say "Leave them the f*** alone!" and you have to deliberate on it... you're not very pious, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@trenslime That's pretty much exactly it. In Japanese, Crown is "クラウン (kuraun)", while Lila-Amamiya is "リラアマミヤ (rira-amamiya)"; I'm not a native Japanese speaker (I can't even really be called a speaker), but to me, the former looks and reads awkwardly, while the latter has a better flow to it. It's also only slightly longer, so it's not as big a mouthful as some names.

Reactions: GK
Fed-Kun's army
@Riger Typical of religions in these stories. They don't actually believe in their gods even if they issue a commandment. They just use their gods' names to suit their own purposes. Basically an excuse to abuse power and get people to do what they want. Ironic that the people they threaten fear the gods, but they themselves don't.

• This
Aggregator gang
@quagzlor Do you want to know what Laputa would mean?

The B×tch or The wh×re(ofc there's other ways)
is a very akward movie for some people that are not used to japanese terrible naming sense. I count myself in it, I saw the movie when I was very young and I lmao'd every time they pronounced the name in the movie ofc I dont do the same now...

Dex-chan lover
@Eksentrysyti these have the sense to listen though. So often you see the religious figures still fussing and scheming even after the divine warning shot. Ironic that a moderately corrupt church like this one has more faith than many others in the manga scene.

Supporter
@conscript117

in spanish right?

i remember someone being called Lund in a manga. which was pretty funny, because it mean pen*s in Hindi.languages are fun.

Aggregator gang
@quaqzlor Yeah, I'm a native speaker so I know my shiet....

I wonder what kind of shiet this japanese authors have to smoke for them to come up with such terrible names...I do get that they want the names they come up to have some kind of meaning just like how their names work but it just doesnt work with all languages.

Dex-chan lover
Why would they want to change the name ?
Crown might've been the temporary name but it's still a pretty cool name !
=> Short and classy, so why make it longer ?

@sekiryuutei134 no? in the first place the chruch is a shitty corrupt organization that unlike in other mangas, can be easily pressured into doing bad things.

Dex-chan lover
Lila-Amamiya is a long ass name for me, only "Crown" was enough, then just rename the divisions of crafters, adventurers, etc. Organizations or product brands with short names they are easier to remember and they tend to have more impact on the person if it is only a short and forceful word, but well...

Double-page supporter
Why do you even need a temple when the tower literally had the biggest religion powers. 🤣

Not to mention MC will have newcomer that represent japanese gods later. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread