Touge Oni - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - The Enchanting Capital, Mahoroba of Dreams (Second Half)

Dex-chan lover
God damn, that was some inception + time travel shit. It's pretty cool to see how the past and future events connect together. The playboy monk was thankfully a cool guy and the incense was all just to set Miyo on the right path.

The moth goddess a few chapters ago made me think the spider god was gonna have a similar design, but instead he was weird in an entirely different manner.

Dex-chan lover
Space shuttle on a spider web is something i thought i'd never see

Dex-chan lover
peSc667.png

I'm not sure I understand why the playboy monk used the incense on Miyo, it seems nefarious since there was a large chance that she would die?

Dex-chan lover
Azuma-no-Miya (the bald monk) is Prince Oama, the future emperor Tenmu of Japan. Tenmu was technically the first emperor to use the imperial title of tenno, much like how Ying Zheng was the first to use the title huangdi. Before Tenmu, Japanese rulers used the title Great King of Yamato. He will be considered by later generations as the second founder of the country (after the mythical emperor Jimmu) for his reformation of the government, including strengthening the powers of the emperor and basically inventing Japanese history (by commissioning the Kojiki) which also had the side effect of consolidating the shinto religion out of existing traditional beliefs. Tenmu was also one of the first emperors to be truly deified in his own lifetime. This is why Miyo perceived him as similar to an ookami.

So to help a bit as to whats happening.

Miyo is making a stable timeloop to ensure she travels with zen and their sensei, for whatever reason, by going to this dude where time is all mega fucky and meets up with them when they're young.

What the spider means by needing more than two eyes is the eyes allow him to see beyond what anyone can see with their eyes seeing into the realm of dreams, and even beyond dimensons. Think magical super glasses.

The incense was probably like someone said to make sure miyo will end up traveling with them anyways. Even though he came off as someone who knew what she would choose in the end, he was totally willing to have her fail if she failed which is the impression I got.

Power Uploader
@sssr
Well, damn, that makes sense. Miyo actually used the term 王様 ("king") when she first entered the palace, and Kuina (Kip's servant) said that Kippuuson was close to "Sumera" (short for Sumeramikoto, an old reading for tenno) in chapter 3.5.

that started confusing but in the end it wrapped up really nice.

Dex-chan lover
wait i'm confused.
How does miyo walk out of a incense dream and into reality?

Guys its not hard to understand. The whole thing was a dream. it started when she first smelled the fumes and showed what her life would be when they left her behind in the capital. So the older ozuno and zen( dream versions) traveled to the spider for some job of returning the treasure. the spider noticed what they really were and told them to also smell the sacred treasure. so now they met up with miyo (the present version) and helped her find the location of where they went so that she could leave the dream and go find them in real life. mr baldy was hoping this would happen so that she wouldnt meet her tragic fate at such a young age as seen in the dream(shot by arrows). her adult version isnt confusing since it just leads back to chapter one, she travels with them to find the time rope thing so that she can be sent to where the actual older ozuno and zen are since she got separated from them for some unknown reason.. and the young miyo gets to continue her travels with them until she hits that same point and has to help her younger self. gg no re

Users who are viewing this thread