Touhou Suichouka ~ Lotus Eater-tachi no Suisei - Ch. 55 - You Can’t Have a Fight Without Hard Drinking (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, whatever the case, it's clear that Nitori is troubled for one reason or another and Reimu's intuition blame the Tengu for this. -- Maybe the Tengu is trying to reduce the kappa's influence?
Aya doesn't seem to be directly involved in writing the article, or if she does it might be only under someone else's order or suggestion. Assuming that it is the tengu, then it's likely Megumu, but sadly, that doesn't really answer the why.
When I see the word "Drum" and "Hag", I thought it was Mamizou and she quickly appear in the next page, coincidence? I think not!
Clearly Nitori is here to chase off the old lady as the Kappa do buisness with humans a lot.
Did they say that they're kappa to people? I saw them doing business in festivals but forgot that part.

Fed-Kun's army
This could also be a Moriya Shrine plot. Kanako could've seen the past chapters as Miko trying to muscle into Shinto turf. Get the tengu to start some rumors to give the mountain youkai some more influence in the village then send Sanae down to be like "we exterminated the youkai, you're safe now. Don't listen to any Taoists or Buddhists".

Dex-chan lover
Urban legends again, huh

Looks like tengu are helping kappas to clear the streets at night and prevent occasional drunkards from approaching Nitori. Now, for the most interesting part: what is Nitori doing there? Is she going to help tengu spread yokai influence over the village? To me it looks like she is in sort of a trouble, maybe she lost something, or just has to carry out a perplexing task, from tengu or ortherwise

Dex-chan lover
Did they say that they're kappa to people? I saw them doing business in festivals but forgot that part.
Hard to say, the lore can be a little inconsistant.
Depictions at the festivals seem to imply they do it openly, and one once traded with a human in wild and horned hermit after he found something of theirs to get it back, Iirc the old man was quite aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread