Touhou Suichouka ~ Lotus Eater-tachi no Suisei - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Drunken Evening Leaves No Memories Part 1

Contributor
I know nothing about japanese, but seeing that the tavern literally has a sign about whales and the fact that the poster girl can seemingly erase memories, I can't help but remember about the whale of Re:Zero and its ability to erase memories.

Double-page supporter
Really Reimu? Worried that the moon viewing will come across as a banquet for non humans? Have you ever been to the Hakurei shrine? You do realize the only human guests are you, Marisa, half of Youmu, and Sakuya right? And labeling Sakuya as human is a bit iffy.

Group Leader
So, how many months until the next chapter?
1, 2 or 3?

1 month. Not sure if it'll always be monthly or if that's just for this intro arc though.

Hoping Kasen and Yuugi get some screentime. New girl got one of those title things, so she's probably part of the main cast for this manga?

Always wondered how none of these folks ever suspect the only girl who dress and look different from normal townsfolk to be a youkai

Hmm. The ability to erase memories? At the same time, while a youjuu might have the energy to attack postmortem, I'm not sure it was really the demon boar that attacked Reimu. Given the hat Miyoi wears, I'm put in mind of Doremy. Is Miyoi some sort of Freddy Krueger-style Baku?

EDIT: Upon review, I find that the demon boar flattened Cirno, Aunn, Youmu, Sakuya, and Marisa. Yuyuko and Yukari didn't appear in that panel, nor did Suika. Yukari showing up at a party isn't too unusual, but this feels like foreshadowing.

I don't suppose Geidontei is coterminal with the Twilight Bar Room from Uwabami Breakers?

I feel like the fairy manga ad for this was a bit of a bait and switch if we are focusing on the bar girl instead of Suika, but this still has me intrigued.

@OddmanOutre That seems likely. Yuyuko, Yukari and Suika are also top tier beings. The three tend to get out of tricks that youkai and other beings pull unless they have a reason to get pulled into it.

Dex-chan lover
Thawing Chillno who was set to watch the fire, MG (clarste still forces it), boar that almost became youkai (you know, I have been waiting for pig touhougirl for some time already, sniff sniff),
Reimu's dream, whale on the first frame, frame with girls beaten down (but without Suika, Yukari, or Yuyuko)))
And new girl, a whale girl. One who controls drunken dreams and can erase herself from memories of other people. But she gives an impression that she's not very clever. Constantly repeating to everyone "don't worry, don't worry", and lackeying. Reimu will get her fast with her intuition. Still, want to learn about her origins. It's been a while since I heard Japanese youkai folklore in ZUN's frivolous retelling.
I love the drawing a lot. Girls are cute. Reimu staring at Miyoi is priceless. I expect it to be worthy inheritor if Ibarakasen

Wonder what it is about Whales and Dreams and Memories. @kenx already mentioned Re:Zero, but there is also the Windfish in Zelda.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone ever doubted Zun likes alcohol. Those titles.
It just came to me in the middle of the chapter, but... It's canon Suika interactions! I love her...
@Robot_Ditto One of this people is Stand user... But also, Keine, Kosuzu and Akyuu live in the village with their distinct designs, so whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread