Touhou Suichouka ~ Lotus Eater-tachi no Suisei - Vol. 6 Ch. 40 - An Oni Out of Its Gourd (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Look at the (entirely understandable) translation error as subverting the parasitic aggregator sites.

Dex-chan lover
Neat, I guess that means Marisa won't be forgetting about miyoi anymore

Dex-chan lover
....... but.... didn't they mention a salamander that produced sake as an oil excrement from their skin?..... are they retconning that? But then how would it make sense that oni liquor's good?..... wait then wasn't there a thing previously in this series where they literally showed the inside with that salamander with a large amount of kegs???..... are there two gourds? Wait if that one takes liquor from all over, then that calls into question of how Miyoi doesn't have infinite range as long as their's a gourd with liquor (and also how she marked the gourd)

Double-page supporter
Yeah no not happening chief. This is one of the things I'd be yelling for clarification on cause wtf is this plot hole unless one of these is a lie
It doesn't pull Alcohol from gourds, it pulls Any Liquid
Then it gets turned into sake inside the Ibuki gourd

Aggregator gang
Wasnt there a weird little slug or something in the gourd that made the booze? Of all the things I thought zun would have kept his alcohol lore consistent

Reader: HA! I know what's going to happen in the next chapter, it's so obvious!
Zun: Hold my beer.
Holy crap Zun went nuts on the conclusion of that one. That was some big brain 4D chest.

Well, we also got a clear view at outside Marisa's house and a bit inside. LORE!

Btw, about the above discussion, it's the Sake Bug: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Sake_Bug
But you guys thought it was in Suika's gourd when it was not. She did used to have a bug but it was in a vase that she gave to Reimu. Go read Strange and Bright Nature Deity Chapter 17 and 18.

Dex-chan lover
Did I get it right that Suika gave out some ordinary gourd to Miyoi?
Gord gord gord for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Reader: HA! I know what's going to happen in the next chapter, it's so obvious!
Zun: Hold my beer.
Holy crap Zun went nuts on the conclusion of that one. That was some big brain 4D chest.

Well, we also got a clear view at outside Marisa's house and a bit inside. LORE!

Btw, about the above discussion, it's the Sake Bug: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Sake_Bug
But you guys thought it was in Suika's gourd when it was not. She did used to have a bug but it was in a vase that she gave to Reimu. Go read Strange and Bright Nature Deity Chapter 17 and 18.
Here's the panel where Suika explains about the Sake Bog/Wine Worm and how the ibuki gourd uses them to produce sake:
jX4TQ76.png

I think ilikepi31415's explanation makes the most sense. My understanding is that the Sake Bugs convert water into sake, they don't just produce it out of thin air.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’d say Suika was simply messing around. I mean, why not lie. If the oni has the ability to manipulate that is hidden, then once explained it’s no longer within her power. It is to her advantage for things to be obscured.

Also if her explanation was true, that her gourd takes in evaporated liquid from other gourds (and possibly containers) across Gensokyo, then no liquid stored (in gourds in particular) will have any smell!

In addition if liquid vapor is moved to her gourd, the liquid contents of all gourds in Gensokyo must go down very quickly due to the constant loss of vapor partial pressure. Interestingly this final point would explain how her gourd could continuously have alcohol flowing out.

Users who are viewing this thread