Touhou - The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None! - Ch. 37

Thank you very much for your work on this series orz
Really did not expect this to be as good as it was, such a shame about its apparent unpopularity.

So she drew 4 bamboo which should make her have a tenpai hand wait on either 1 or 7 bamboo and instead she cut the 4 bamboo and go back to iishanten. Then she somehow drew the 1 bamboo later on and make it exactly a suji trap kanchan wait on 6 bamboo which has only 1 tile left (could be in the dead wall btw) and it is exactly in youmu hand. She cant wait on 4 since that would put her in furiten and tsumo alone is not enough to overtake Youmu score.

Her ability to just "every action she takes will have the best possible outcome" is aka never punished

Rough for Youmu to dealt into that hand but mahjong is a game of chance after all. Even if you play your best you can still lose.

Great manga. 10/10 read

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Oh, it just ended. Wasn't expecting that.

Thanks for your work.

Double-page supporter
Weren't the final four players Akyuu, Remilia, Marisa, and Youmu? Why's Rumia the grand champion?

So she drew 4 bamboo which should make her have a tenpai hand wait on either 1 or 7 bamboo and instead she cut the 4 bamboo and go back to iishanten. Then she somehow drew the 1 bamboo later on and make it exactly a suji trap kanchan wait on 6 bamboo which has only 1 tile left (could be in the dead wall btw) and it is exactly in youmu hand. She cant wait on 4 since that would put her in furiten and tsumo alone is not enough to overtake Youmu score.

Her ability to just "every action she takes will have the best possible outcome" is aka never punished

Rough for Youmu to dealt into that hand but mahjong is a game of chance after all. Even if you play your best you can still lose.

Great manga. 10/10 read
Yuyuko called Youmu-sama so it's implying she won first/discarded the 4pin safely.

Thanks for the hard work, this was a enjoyable mahjong manga.

Dex-chan lover
Very fun series, thanks for all your work on it. Superpower mahjong with Touhou characters was a great fit for their powers, personalities, and the laid back but sorta degenerate world of Gensokyo. I hope we see more on this idea someday.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating all the chapters!

From superpower + mahjong perspective, this is more enjoyable than Saki (especially recently since all they do is BAM! activate power, hand complete).

Dex-chan lover
That was hilarious. The one tile she couldn't cut... at least I think that was the joke of the ending

Earlier, Youmu had 666789bam, called pon on the 6bam, and discarded 9bam, switching from a closed yaku-less hand to an open tanyao. With Remilia's skill, and apparent ability to see who is fated to win, she could definitely deduce that Youmu had the fourth 6bam all along.

Also, the 6bam wait gives her another way to win: chankan. If Youmu at some point ends in a yakuless tenpai, she might declare kan on the 6bam and hope to win by rinshan, at which point Remilia can ron the kan declaration for chankan, hatsu, nan, 6400 and win the game.

The 6bam also seems to be Youmu's fated tile in general. It's important to many of her critical hands. Is it some kind of you-mu = sou-6 pun, maybe?

Dex-chan lover
Man what a fun little series, before this I didn't know shit about Mahjong, but now I want to believe I know a little more lol.

Thanks for translating this!

Users who are viewing this thread