Trails of Zero fan translation releases today! (per their announcement)

Dex-chan lover
If you like JRPGs, you might have played the Legend of Heroes series with the Trails in the Sky being the first trilogy of their new world-building. Well, the first game of the Crossbell Arc, Zero no Kiseki, got a fan translation patch that has rather good quality. Here's the announcement: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-pc-fan-translation-mod-launches-march-14

The most recent games of the Legend of Heroes are set in the Trails of Cold Steel series, which takes place in Erebonia, a neighboring country of the aforementioned titles. Sadly, we currently have only up to the first two games of it, while the third is apparently set to come on PS4 in the not too far future in English. Note that events in the Crossbell games take place chronologically around the same time as the first two games of the Cold Steel series, and both of those take place after the Trails in the Sky events. The 3rd and 4th game gather all the major characters of those games for a grand finale. :)

Dex-chan lover
The Trails in the Sky series are all available in English on Steam for around 20-25 bucks on average, even less during special discount events, so if you wish to start, that's where you ought to. :) The first 2 games of the Trails of Cold Steel are also there, but cost quite a bit more money.

Goddamnit, why the FUCK is this series so obscure outside of Japan. Literally everyone is missing out on THE BEST that the genre has to offer.

Please, for anyone who can see this, do yourself a favor and play the Trails games. Otherwise you'll die not knowing about this masterpiece; the most terrifying thing I could imagine.

Dex-chan lover
@Criscore
Thanks for the recc. Just finished Trails in the Sky FC. Played it on hard and got all the achievements.

I'm someone who likes to talk to every NPC in a game at least twice, but holy cow, every NPC's dialogue changes in this game even from progressing the story slightly. Which is great, as it really makes the world feel alive. Impressive all the way through.

I plan to play through the rest of the games in original release order as well. Fortunately Geofront is currently working on Ao no Kiseki, so I won't have to skip the Crossbell arc (as I know it's important to not miss).

Lastly, my favorite character so far is Olivier.

Dex-chan lover
@ffd1dc
CS3 Tita a cute.
4d106ebfa3e0d39d8aed6025fd5ff5ec.jpg

Dex-chan lover
As of today, those translations have now gone official and can be acquired on Steam! Both Zero and its sequel, Trails to Azure! :)

Users who are viewing this thread