Trap Heroine - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Lies and Normality

Yea... how was this plan supposed to work anyway? Give it any thought and its nothing but a failure of a plan.

Banned
It's more like what @mirewitch said

she calls him a girl because she's a bigot. Hotsuki cannot accept that a man could reject gender norms so completely. Therefore he "must" be a girl, and is lying to everyone. I think the truth is far simpler - he's a guy who likes crossdressing. He's said this multiple times. No reason to complicate matters.

Aggregator gang
@EvelynIsGone Kobinata says his motivation for crossdressing in chapter 1 - "I'm just wearing what I like!" Him being trans is theoretically possible, but there is no evidence for it. I feel like you're making the same mistake as Hotsuki by speculating on convoluted alternatives to what is a very simple situation - Kobinata is a guy who likes to crossdress.

@EvelynIsGone
Kobinata says he is a man, you should respect his gender identity and stop misgendering him by calling him a trans.
No matter what he has or had on his crotch or the way he is dressed, if he says he is a man, he is a man and you have no right to say otherwise.

For the record, I think Kobinata is biologically male. I'd like to believe that they might be an 'egg' and may come out as trans one day, but I won't assert that. Or at least not be combative about it. Its just that a lot of trans ppl are crossdressers (in a way) at some point so its fair to think Kobinata might be on the way towards that. I mean, they never seem offended by speculating and seemed pretty okay with switching personal pronouns when the MC's sister visited, so they could be non-binary. Or, again, just a crossdresser which is fine.

Banned
@gallifreyan100

This may not be his worst offense. It is speculation, but when you have a history of calling astolfo, ferris, any anyone who wears a dress trans, you just gotta call them out on their bs.

Edit: just saw your 2nd comment after submitting mine and
12c5ba90f23aded991fd3d35ab035382.jpg

Aggregator gang
@gallifreyan100 I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I'm not offended at the concept of Kobinata being FtM. I just don't think it is supported by the story. People are free to speculate, but so too are people free to give responses to that speculation. And I don't think its bigoted of me to say that I don't see evidence for the FtM speculation.

Group Leader
@smolbaka Why are you just making shit up about me? When have I ever called Astolfo trans? Where is my history of doing this for "any character who wears a dress?" And how can you claim to know my history when you call me "his" even though I'm a girl?

You don't even have a leg to stand on in this situation because I specified in my first comment that I don't believe Kobinata being FTM is the most likely explanation, and I didn't even give credence to the possibility of him being MTF. But somehow "I think it's unlikely that this character is trans" means "I think every fictional character ever is definitely trans," I guess.

a lot of trans ppl are crossdressers (in a way) at some point so its fair to think Kobinata might be on the way towards that

means that a lot of trans ppl start as crossdressers, not that all crossdressers are trans. I'm a transgirl, I want to believe Kobinata might be a transgirl that's why I used passive language like

like to believe that they might be

instead of they are or Kobinata is. See, now you're just being offended by ppl even implying anything other than crossdressing.

Group Leader
@smolbaka I go on this name on other sites but I've still never said Astolfo is trans. Also I don't have you blocked on MangaDex and I'm pretty sure I never have.

Users who are viewing this thread