Travelogue of the Succubus - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Insects of Bishakeura

Each time I see the notification for this manga, I'm always excited to see what kind of bizarre story Ito has to tell. The fact that these bugs are actually spirits of people who committed suicide and are perpetually killing themselves again and again underfoot is really interesting.

Itou Junji, man ever since i read Uzumaki and Hellstar Remina, been looking forward to another one of his stories. woot woot.

Dex-chan lover
That moment you saw a human like figure on that bug corpse

Yep it's a daily dose of Junji Itou goodness

Dex-chan lover
Does that mean that she brought the insect plague herself? after all it would make sense if only the spirit of her boyfriend was haunting her, but all the other insects were after her too.

Dex-chan lover
not gonna lie, this one was hard to watch, bugs were too creepy

Dex-chan lover
Glad I did not read this before bed. I missed a LOT of dialogue though because I had to skip past the bugs. Bugs are my biggest weakness when reading horror.

On that note: if there is any readers who isn't too disturbed by the bugs, could you possibly post a transcript of the pages that have squished bugs prominently displayed? That would be very kind!

I can deal with all the other creepy drawing Junji Ito does, but those bugs man makes my skin crawl. So disgusting

Double-page supporter
I thought it was creepy enough to show closeups on the bug guts but nooooooooooo Ito needs to make it turn into the shape of a suicidal guy to make it 100x scarier.

Fed-Kun's army
Talk about a fate worse than death. I already thought they were creepy because I don't like bugs, but add the fact they're apparently people who didn't die all the way and are purposely getting stepped on to die all over again. Creeps me the out.

Users who are viewing this thread