True Love

Dex-chan lover
This has its share of annoying melodrama and unlikely plot twists, but that girl is just drawn so incredibly gosh-darned cute that it's hard not to forgive all the moment you see her smiling face.

jak

Contributor
I liked it, but the ending was such a cop-out.

Until i realized they weren't siblings i was really grossed out. They had to hold off the fact they weren't actually siblings was a drag. honestly don't know what i would do in this situation🤦‍♀️

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
It was so exciting and interesting till
it was known that they ain't bloodrelated
, nontheless, that came out pretty much on the last chap, it was an interesting journey.

The ending revelation was disappointing for this series since it seemed like it would try and do something different. As a whole though the story is not highly unique, it's executed very well, approached with emotional maturity, and you 100% get all the feels in the right places. I went from "meh" to "wow this is pretty good". Plot in the first half of the story is a bit weak with characters making mistakes left and right, but second half redeems it by far. Definitely one of the best in the incest genre.

Are we just going to ignore the fact that
his parents are siblings? How could he be perfectly healthy without any sickness or disability hmm?

Dex-chan lover
Quite a fun story, Ai was quite cute. Really liked the building of tension as well.

Was somewhat disappointed on
the non-blood related cop-out though. Especially when it came right at the end of the story.
It felt like a deux ex machina as it became a convenient cop-out to the dilemma they had, but maybe the author didn't have chapters left to resolve it and probably the publisher also.
Really felt the author probably intended them to be blood related, though I do find surprising at least bro's parents were an actual Incest couple in the end.

Though either way, it was a really fun read. It has it moments and was overall nicely executed. It's one of the best in the already rare and niche incest genre.

@mner_o002
That's expected, if I recall it only starts being risky once people do it a couple of generations repeatedly (which was the case of some of the notable royalties in the past). So the risk isn't anymore bigger than a normal couple for the first generation couple (his parents) unless it's stated that his parents were also from an incest couple.

I liked this manga since the story progression was really interesting and good and also realistic,
although like many others i was also quite disappointed with them suddenly playing the not related by blood card but at the same time I'm kinda ok with it too since we got to see the dad's side and how he was the only one who supported them (but in all honesty though, i think the dad would've still supported them regardless since his best friend was also of the incest) Also lets be honest, if they were actual siblings then y'all know that there wouldn't be a happy ending

it was really good, one of the best manga i've read until the ending. that plot twist really ruined it for me but aside from that it was great.

Dex-chan lover
@mner_o002 first gen incest has the same chance as a women getting pregnant at 40+ (Or what ever age group women start to lose the power kf their egg cells) having a baby with a genetic defect.

I mean if you smoke or drink while pregnant tou have a far higher chance of defect you’d need like maybe a 3rd generation of incest to match smoking at least and for some reason incest is illegal while smoking and drinking while pregnant isn’t

@greatninja3
Ah i see. Welp, i think that it's bcus smoking and drinking aren't illegal in the first place. Moreover, people tend to ignore, what, advices based on scientific evidence? Just like the anti-mask people yknow

Dex-chan lover
@mner_o002 yes but incest is only illegal due to the possible genetic defect it will cause to the child. Which is backed by scientific evidence

it’s kinda weird that reasoning for one doesn’t not apply for the other.

@greatninja3 i personally think that it's because incest is stoppable and more visible? You could stop incest by administration process, like when you register for marriage, and it'll be sus if you just hang around w only your sibling all the time right.

It'll be more difficult to reprimand/punish pregnant women smoking and drinking since if her spouse agreed to the deed and was doing it secretly, big chance that authority won't know

Dex-chan lover
@mner_o002 just like a number of crimes people tend to hide their crimes that makes police have a hard time catching them.

I really like it until
they pulled the not actually blood-related card
manga up to chapter 35 8/10 chapter 36, 37 2/10
overall 4/10

It’s a huge relief that
they aren’t actually related but using such a predictable plot twist bored me at the end of this story. A little more innovation would’ve been more surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread