Trying to Identify Series

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but I'm trying to find the name of a series I remember. I know there were only a few English chapters translated. The story revolves around a girl in school who is still called "transfer student" despite the fact that she's been there for quite some time. She has no friends in her current school. When younger, she had three friends, two girls and one boy, that she'd hang out with together. They all tried to get into a good school, but only the so-called worst of them actually was admitted after she studied really hard. Since then, all of the friends have drifted apart. One girl has ditched her old personality and now acts somewhat like a gyaru. The only boy has since become a shut-in, a hikikomori.

I believe that the tags on it were slice of life and/or school life, but I can't search through all of that.

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv
It's ringing a bell..... Do you happen to recall any physical characteristics? Or if it was a genre beside slice-of-life, as in anything supernatural or something? I feel like I may have stumbled upon it but need to wreck my memory.

@pickyroyaltea I believe the main character, the girl, wore glasses and may have had double pigtails. In her class, there was a somewhat heavyset girl who constantly called her transfer student, much to the main character's annoyance. The one girl who got into the good school had long hair and was somewhat known as a genki girl with her hyper personality. In the last translated chapter I had seen, the genki girl character went to the house of the shut-in boy and basically broke her way into his room. The boy had "light"-colored hair, as in not filled in with any shading since it was black and white.

It was not supernatural, at least so far as I had seen. Nothing "out of the ordinary" in the handful of chapters I saw.

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv
Got it, I'll keep an eye out for it.
I feel like I know at least two series that had the one character persistently calling the other "transfer student." If it only had a few chapters there's a chance it might've gotten buried in my reading pile. I'll come back if I find anything there.

@pickyroyaltea Thank you. Really no big deal if you can't find it; pretty sure it's quite old by now since it was already abandoned when I first found it.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure it was not jousei or shoujo in artstyle, more shounen-ish. No really big eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread