Tsugumomo - Vol. 31 Ch. 157 - Parting

Dex-chan lover
He learned to live with the death of his mother, he build his new life, he met new people, form important relationship and is currently happy. He need not to dwell on the past, and focus on the present. But this chapter kinda feels like the manga is nearing the end, I don't remember, but the remaining thing to do after resurecting the water goddess is to kill the possessed Kanaka sealed in stasis?

Dex-chan lover
Well, is not like there was any reason to hold a grudge against a dead god that (involuntarily) cursed the tsukumogami that killed her 1000 years before.
Is like having a relative/friend die in a accident or robbery, and wanting revenge on the butterfly on the other side of the world that caused it by flapping it's wings.

Dex-chan lover
So Kanaka is still possibly not dead? All her incarnations are like, cockroach tier boss level.

This shows Kazuya’s heroic perseverance that has yet to waver since he left home to prepare fight the possessed Kanaka. Although things feel near a finality, I would like to think there could be a hopeful absolution in this very tangled web that has been woven.

There were a lot of combined events that caused the story’s main setting.
-The volcanic eruption from 1000 years ago
-The cruelty of the people from 1000 years ago
-Miurahi, and his tsukumogamis’ slaying of Iwaganahime
-Iwaganahime’s grudge that possessed Kanaka, and cursed Kazuya
-Kazuya training against amasogi he made, despite Kanaka forbidding him to
-Kazuya creating an amasogi from his mother’s funeral dress

I believe the last one to be a critical factor, because that dress has ties to when Kanaka had no emotions, and was desperately seeking a purpose. Kazuya giving it the purpose to kill him gave it one, and look how quick Azami was taken over. Then after that, look how quickly Iwaganahime’s grudge took over Kanaka, when Kanaka was in proximity of the amasogi. Kanaka constantly resisted the grudge, until that particular moment. So along with the humans and tsukumegami of the past, Iwaganahime’s grudge, and Kanaka’s personality, Kazuya’s actions, as well, are at fault for the overall main setting.

That being said, the manga has done an exceptional job of showing that Kazuya, despite all of this, forges ahead with the determination to not lose anyone or anything else important to him. But with all that has played out, a part of me, despite being mostly pessimistic, is optimistic for a golden ending.

Although he fights to not lose anything important to him ever again, I want to believe that the author rewards Kazuya’s determination with miracles that can only exist within the boundaries of this fable. He got Kiriha back, and is on the verge of reviving Kukuri. The trifecta would be to somehow save mama Kanaka, which seems hard to imagine, since Kanaka’s body being possessed by Iwaganahime’s grudge, and Kanaka’s regrets, more than likely will be the final boss.

BUT THERE IS HOPE! The reason why that miracle of Izanagi happened ain’t by mere coincidence. Take a nice good look at CHAPTER 150, PAGE 19, and look at the current chapter to see where Kanaka was cut. We don’t know the reason why Kamuado wanted a tooth of Izanagi’s comb, but this chapter might have shed some light on that. Stuff like this gets my mind rolling on possibilities, and being a pessimistic hope seeker, I hope, but I don’t hold my breath.

One hope is, if Kazuya still has the guilt of his actions playing a part of his mother’s demise, is that the author shows Kazuya’s willpower to live and move forward despite the pain and loss he felt should be rewarded. And in a tale where myth and folklore can bring back lost ones, to an extent, why can’t he walk the long hard path, and be reunited with those he loved that he believed he lost? Even if it’s fiction, I could use something that bright and hopeful in the world today.

The other is on the interest in Japanese myth. Iwaganahime said her shard would bear a 1000 year grudge when possessing Kanaka. The fact that Iwaganahime’s soul at the time was in Yomi, her resentment, along with the number 1000, makes me think of when Izanagi escaped from Yomi, and Izanami told him, everyday 1000 of your children will be slain. I don’t know if that is relevant, and I do wonder about the two shards in proximity bringing calamity. But I’d does sound nice to think that, Kanaka, who is cursed by something regarding a grudge and the number 1000, from the resentments of a Goddess residing In Yomi, would be enveloped in a blessing of Izanagi. My hope is Kanaka’s soul being restored or saved by Izanagi’s blessing, is back on the surface, and can repossess her body and live again, after Kazuya defeats what’s currently possessing her body. How that would play out is beyond me, but one can hope.

I know I typed a long post, and I do apologize to anyone who finds this comment to be a selfish vent/rant kind of thing, because you would have every right to feel that way. I just love this manga, and now I’m finally typing how I feel about it. I hope everyone enjoys the manga until its completion, I know I plan to. Love and peace to ye.

While Iwaganahime's grudge gave power to the tragedy that happened, wasn't Kanaka flawed anyway?
The purpose seeking, bloodlust was something she always had. If it wasn't Iwaganahime, something else would probably cause her corruption (maybe just not to this extent).

Double-page supporter
Is this his mom's 3rd or 2nd death
I think this was proof that she hadn't actually died yet. Her body was possessed, and her soul displaced. If they were to exorcise her body, her soul could return, and Kanaka would be back. Now her soul is destroyed, there is no point in saving her body.

While Iwaganahime's grudge gave power to the tragedy that happened, wasn't Kanaka flawed anyway?
The purpose seeking, bloodlust was something she always had. If it wasn't Iwaganahime, something else would probably cause her corruption (maybe just not to this extent).
That’s a valid point. I think the funeral dress from Kanaka’s past, that Kazuya used as a catalyst for the last amasogi he made, was beyond critical for Kanaka giving in. Just imagine an apparition with ties to the root of the soul, which is the purpose seeking, bloodlust aspect of Kanaka, corrupted with the purpose of killing Kazuya, compromising her within, weakening her resolve which never gave into Iwaganahime’s grudge, allowing said grudge to cause Kanaka’s soul to cataclysm into a nigh inescapable darkness.

But that didn’t stop Kanaka from giving Kiriha the chance to end her life with the hopes of stopping the rampage. It sucks that grudges die hard. But what really sucks is knowing how critical the part Kazuya played in this is. It’s the whole reason he had his memories sealed in the beginning.

Anywho, with the point you made, I‘m reminded how many things happened in the plot for it all to play out this way, and man, it’s a lot. I still hold onto hope that mama Kanaka makes it out alive in the end.

I think this was proof that she hadn't actually died yet. Her body was possessed, and her soul displaced. If they were to exorcise her body, her soul could return, and Kanaka would be back. Now her soul is destroyed, there is no point in saving her body.
Well, I’m hoping that bamboo comb fragment she had on her caused that miracle of Izanagi to happen. And since Izanagi is basically “The God” in Japanese myth, it can’t hurt to hope…

Dex-chan lover
what's the word in japanese used for "milady"?
it kinda feels out of place if its something like "megami"

Dex-chan lover
Kazuya, my boy ... no ... Kazuya, my MAN. Just a reminder that it doesn't matter what happens to you but how you think about what happened to you. Live. For. Today.

Dex-chan lover
Are you talking about the book amasogi? We left that about 2 years ago.

We are far from that, and already close to the end of this arc.
:dogkek: it was that long time ago huh. . . just started reading this again

Users who are viewing this thread