Tsuihou no Kenja, Sekai wo Shiru ~Osanajimi Yuusha no Atsuryoku kara Nigete Jiyuu ni Natta Ore~ - Ch. 28 - Crimson Fang

Dex-chan lover
Are you serious? We have someone who knew that Leticia was possessed the entire time???????????

I hope to god the MC leaves her and never parties with her again, how despicable is that to hide that kind of important infomation that was clearly a super harsh mental burden on the MC. I know she loves the MC and wants to be with him but that's truly a terrible way to go about it to an unforgivable level.

Also as said above, every villain is getting the "They weren't really bad the entire time someone/thing made them do it" is getting tiring already. I'll bet money this "assassin" will be forgiven or something stupid and it'll be she was raised as inhuman or is a slave so forced to do it.

Dex-chan lover
Are you serious? We have someone who knew that Leticia was possessed the entire time???????????

I hope to god the MC leaves her and never parties with her again, how despicable is that to hide that kind of important infomation that was clearly a super harsh mental burden on the MC. I know she loves the MC and wants to be with him but that's truly a terrible way to go about it to an unforgivable level.
"There may be a way to return Leticia to her old personality" is not information. It's a guess or a hypothesis. People often agonise over whether to give someone possibly false hope or not. In addition to that, Alice might have spent the trip wondering if it's even a possibility, not just whether to speak of it. Maybe it would make things worse, not better? Seeing how the MC most of the time behaves like a fool, even if a super magically talented fool, it doesn't make it any easier. If you let a fool make a decision, you might later regret it, thinking it will be your responsibility if things go wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for Leticia tbh, because despite none of it being her fault she's still probably gonna not get the happy ending she would have had she never been possessed. Especially since I assume whatever event caused her to get possessed was probably related to Haru's weird eyes too.

"I was being possessed" is a bit goofy if it's only brought up at the end of an arc or if it constantly gets re-used, but I'm fine with its usage so far, especially since in this villain's case it served a plot point of being a mirror to Leticia's situation. If the author keeps using it though it'll probably start feeling more forced to me.

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for Leticia tbh, because despite none of it being her fault she's still probably gonna not get the happy ending she would have had she never been possessed. Especially since I assume whatever event caused her to get possessed was probably related to Haru's weird eyes too.

"I was being possessed" is a bit goofy if it's only brought up at the end of an arc or if it constantly gets re-used, but I'm fine with its usage so far, especially since in this villain's case it served a plot point of being a mirror to Leticia's situation. If the author keeps using it though it'll probably start feeling more forced to me.
It's the big issue, several series do this and it's just sad. People who get possessed/controlled and made to betray the MC in some way (Usually abuse and/or exile) that had genuine feelings for the MC before the possesion/Slaving/control and then become the bad guy and the MC never figures out they were actually controlled either ever or way later. So all your left with is a love story that ends with MC picking his/her new party member/friend over the ex that actually did nothing wrong.

Dex-chan lover

As far as I can tell, Haru has always had those eyes. For Alice's flashback to when they were kids, Haru still had slit pupils while Leticia was normal.

If I had to guess, he's probably some sort of ridiculously dangerous monster or bloodline that ended up being raised among humans for whatever reason.

And yeah, it's pretty sad. On the other hand, I can still see a possible good future for Leticia. Him 'thinking about what her being in love with him means' is what their journey is ostensibly about (it's what Alice suggested). As far as I can tell, Ange obviously loves him but isn't aware of it, and Alice might have feelings but she may also just love him as a friend, which would be a nice change of pace honestly. (I haven't really noticed any 'maiden in love' signals from her.)

Still, Ange is super cute.

Dex-chan lover
And yeah, it's pretty sad. On the other hand, I can still see a possible good future for Leticia. Him 'thinking about what her being in love with him means' is what their journey is ostensibly about (it's what Alice suggested). As far as I can tell, Ange obviously loves him but isn't aware of it, and Alice might have feelings but she may also just love him as a friend, which would be a nice change of pace honestly. (I haven't really noticed any 'maiden in love' signals from her.)
From an actual plot perspective, sure, but I'm more looking at it from a manga perspective. Even if figuring out the reason + forgiving her is the reason of Haru's journey now, manga tropes imply that even if they do, the girl treated as an antagonist with less panel time is unlikely to be the "winning girl" over the ones shown as part of the MC's party throughout the manga. There's still hope, but I'm not banking on that being the case in a manga like this.

Also wrt Alice, I do think she's probably in love with him as well, but just feels too guilty about her+Haru's situation / knows she has to avoid letting him remember anything so she has to keep her distance / bottle it up a bit. But "just friends" would be a nice outcome.

And fair point about the eyes, I hadn't paid too much attention to them in the flashbacks.

Dex-chan lover
From an actual plot perspective, sure, but I'm more looking at it from a manga perspective. Even if figuring out the reason + forgiving her is the reason of Haru's journey now, manga tropes imply that even if they do, the girl treated as an antagonist with less panel time is unlikely to be the "winning girl" over the ones shown as part of the MC's party throughout the manga. There's still hope, but I'm not banking on that being the case in a manga like this.

To some extent it might depend on when the manga actually ends. I think there's a fair shot there's an additional arc after Leticia is cured where they take on the 'real' big bad or whatnot, where she travels with them and they get to interact freely. It's not like Haru isn't way more powerful than her anyway and this isn't really a 'battle' manga where her strength would destabilize things.

Remember, she was first girl, the manga didn't start with Alice in the tavern and then go to a flashback, it started with Leticia. Even if she was being nasty. =p

Dex-chan lover
People often agonise over whether to give someone possibly false hope or not. In addition to that, Alice might have spent the trip wondering if it's even a possibility, not just whether to speak of it.
I like that she actually decided to tell him, though. A bit late, but she does have some baggage relating to his past as well.

Also, "Crimson Fang"? Seriously? That's probably the most generic group name there is. I'm pretty sure I've seen it three or four times just the last week.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I haven't read anything but the first page, and I got to:
"we're standing out"
followed by:
"Yeah, we should (make ourselves more vulnerable to attack for no reason)"

And I just.... why?

Users who are viewing this thread