Tsuihou no Kenja, Sekai wo Shiru ~Osanajimi Yuusha no Atsuryoku kara Nigete Jiyuu ni Natta Ore~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The [mage] Haru's Declaration

Dex-chan lover
Back in the day, in many parts of the world, commoners got family names based on external factors. Profession was an extremely common cause, and it stuck even if it had been many generations since Smith had been a (village) smith. Location names are rather typical as well. Locations had solid names before commoners. A farmstead could have had a name, and the farmer could then take the farm's name as his own family name. Depending on the culture, a person's visage or psysique could result in a name. In some cultures, before solid last names, a person could introduce him/herself by telling who their father was, like "Gary, John's son". That then turned into Johnson, when the family name became solid. Of course when laws started to demand every person must have a surname, they were just invented or selected from wherever.

So, all in all, we can assume Haru is Haru Traitor because his forefather was a known traitor, and the cruelty of the society demanded the progeny carry that disgraceful name.

Dex-chan lover
Same premise as "A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly", but the hero is extra shitty, not tsundere.

jak

Contributor
Same premise as "A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly", but the hero is extra shitty, not tsundere.
Well honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she kept downing him and supressing his potential just to keep him around because she's in love with him and/or knows his true potential and has an inferiority complex about it. The great Hero is weaker.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, there's zero chance she knew that since she's a dumbass

Well, I stand corrected :-/

Dex-chan lover
Dumb hero. Should abuse him in bed instead. The only proper way to deal with neutron stars.

Dex-chan lover
i like that there's actually a single thing she said that's out of line that actually managed to make him snap because it really need that one push to actually stop being a gofer for good

Dex-chan lover
110% she knew. She received the Hero title and got it in her head that she has to be the strongest, and when she noticed Haru was better than her she started mentally beating him down to the point he developed a massive inferiority complex.

Her own pride and selfishness nearly broke Haru as a person. That's not a friend, I wouldn't even call her a parasite anymore. That's just... evil.

Dex-chan lover
Now this how you do "I'm actually OP" by making the abuse sounds realistic.
He didn't get any chance to check himself and had been told to kept his power at bay.
Not "oh this is normal" "i haven't checked yet even if I had the time no do so"
Honestly, I'm shocked someone can actually make it work without annoying the shit out of me, because mc would go 'That's normal' for the coming 5000 Chapters, instead this dude is actually using his brain truly deserving of 'Sage' ò_ó

Dex-chan lover
Back in the day, in many parts of the world, commoners got family names based on external factors. Profession was an extremely common cause, and it stuck even if it had been many generations since Smith had been a (village) smith. Location names are rather typical as well. Locations had solid names before commoners. A farmstead could have had a name, and the farmer could then take the farm's name as his own family name. Depending on the culture, a person's visage or psysique could result in a name. In some cultures, before solid last names, a person could introduce him/herself by telling who their father was, like "Gary, John's son". That then turned into Johnson, when the family name became solid. Of course when laws started to demand every person must have a surname, they were just invented or selected from wherever.

So, all in all, we can assume Haru is Haru Traitor because his forefather was a known traitor, and the cruelty of the society demanded the progeny carry that disgraceful name.
Or we can just accept the fact that weaboos will use Japanese gratuitously, and westaboos will use English all the same. Then again, this kind of thinking would win you a no-prize from Stan Lee and Marvel back in the day

Users who are viewing this thread