Tsuihou Sareta Renkinjutsushi-san, Saikyou no Dungeon wo Tsukurimasen ka? - Ch. 4

Well ig thats the last chapter I will do unless I find another JTL in a month(DM on discord if interested). If after a month I dont find anyone, then whoever is interested can DM me and i can give what raws i have left( and can send you to the guy who gave me raws), if i wont pick anything else till then i m also willing to colab.

Supporter
Well ig thats the last chapter I will do unless I find another JTL in a month(DM on discord if interested). If after a month I dont find anyone, then whoever is interested can DM me and i can give what raws i have left( and can send you to the guy who gave me raws), if i wont pick anything else till then i m also willing to colab.
Thanks for your work so far.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why the author decided to add in the backstories of the deceased adventurers, since the MC loss of humanity didn't come up at all in the chapter. Not a whole lot of reason to raise empathy for those characters if the audience POV (that is, MC) doesn't have or isn't willing to explore it. Perhaps that will change with the upcoming meeting with his old partymate. 🤷

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why the author decided to add in the backstories of the deceased adventurers, since the MC loss of humanity didn't come up at all in the chapter. Not a whole lot of reason to raise empathy for those characters if the audience POV (that is, MC) doesn't have or isn't willing to explore it. Perhaps that will change with the upcoming meeting with his old partymate. 🤷
I think it's meant to remind the audience that, basically overnight, the MC went from being an adventurer to casually slaughtering innocent adventurers. Yeah, he kinda needs to in order to survive and grow, but he feels absolutely no guilt about efficiently exterminating humans. When he lets the final girl escape, I think the audience was supposed to expect he did it because he didn't want to cross a line, but then the MC subverts our expectations and gives a emotionless, pragmatic reason for finally sparing one person. I think this is going to have been an important thing for the story to emphasize in this chapter because of the implications in store for this old party member that the audience is supposed to feel sympathetic towards.

Dex-chan lover
This can go two ways. Mary knows about MC current situation and overall fixing their relationship, possibly with that other dude she talked as well. Or Mary decided to think MC as the enemy of humanity for being a DM and tell the other party members about it.

Dex-chan lover
This can go two ways. Mary knows about MC current situation and overall fixing their relationship, possibly with that other dude she talked as well. Or Mary decided to think MC as the enemy of humanity for being a DM and tell the other party members about it.
There's a (smaller) probability that he just straight up kills her, as a way of highlighting just how inhuman the dungeon is forcing him to become.

Given the genre, I'm not exactly expecting that level of depth tho :lul:

Dex-chan lover
I think it's meant to remind the audience that, basically overnight, the MC went from being an adventurer to casually slaughtering innocent adventurers. Yeah, he kinda needs to in order to survive and grow, but he feels absolutely no guilt about efficiently exterminating humans. When he lets the final girl escape, I think the audience was supposed to expect he did it because he didn't want to cross a line, but then the MC subverts our expectations and gives a emotionless, pragmatic reason for finally sparing one person. I think this is going to have been an important thing for the story to emphasize in this chapter because of the implications in store for this old party member that the audience is supposed to feel sympathetic towards.
Thing is that they already did almost all of this in a previous chapter and just blew right past it. We got "huh, that's weird. I don't feel a thing after killing these random people... Anyway, about that dungeon catalogue..." And immediately moved on as if it wasn't important. Aside from him leaving a survivor to tell the tale this is no different and didn't require the backstory flashbacks before each party member died. Because if we already know he doesn't care about their lives at all and that the series doesn't seem interested in exploring that fact then there's no need for us to care about them either.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Looking at the manga's cover art for volume 1, I'm going to assume there's a strong possibility that
she's going to get turned into a monster and join MC's dungeon.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the manga's cover art for volume 1, I'm going to assume there's a strong possibility that
I glanced at the WN, and I think the 2nd girl is
the monster he creates by combining 2 A rank monsters.
A vampire BTW

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I tried to look for raw at raw site but only find chapter 47-50. I did find the raw in volume form though. I might check them out later.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, this doesn't feel good. It does a good job at solidifying the loss of empathy, and next chapter will be the nail in that coffin most likely. But why?

It's one thing when the setting is grim and awful and the mc loses or abandons human empathy as a result of that or in order to survive or to achieve a large scale goal.

But this is just... bro went to bed a plucky bumbling protagonist, and woke up with all the moral fiber of Skynet. And now the author is rubbing it in hard for some reason.

Frankly the vibes don't align and the sympathy/connection from his prior mistreatment has all but dried up.

Dex-chan lover
Great, now he’s going to kill his old pals in cold blood. (Or not I dunno)

Dex-chan lover
i wanted to be sympathetic to the team that got anyhilated but dang those guy have raised death flag, it's their own fault
X3

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your hard work.
Here's hoping we get more translated. This is just getting started.

Dex-chan lover
by checking volume 1 raws, and a bit of guesswork, she doesn't turn into a monster. She meets mc, mc tells her he's not becoming human again and then she leaves. A bit after this she leaves the Hero's party and is never seen again.
@1chess1, assuming you aren't planning on translating further, I'd be interested in knowing knowing happens to her, if you can give spoilers.

Contributor
It was just to show that they all triggered Death Flags before starting the exploration, that their deaths were not directly due to the MC but the party tempting fate.

Dex-chan lover
It was just to show that they all triggered Death Flags before starting the exploration, that their deaths were not directly due to the MC but the party tempting fate.
I refuse to believe that fate would get in the way of yuri :lul:

Users who are viewing this thread