Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Reconciliation

Dex-chan lover
Is the Author trying to make his self insert look better ? 😏

Especially Est "forgiving" him after everything he's done, also it might have been a "misunderstanding" at that time, but by now he's already made it reality, which makes his apology feel beyond shallow.

Honestly only way to somehow stop the rating from dropping, would be to kill daru off 🫡

Dex-chan lover
They won't even have misunderstanding for 16 chapters if they just tell Est "Hey man, we concern about your performance and would like you to take a break/train for a while" instead of straight up banish him :huh:
Just to make a point in case some missed what others said before, if by training you mean Est training to fight better or whatever, supposedly that's literally impossible because everyone is stuck with whatever class they belong to, Est literally could never do anything else besides being support no matter how much he trained.

From spoilers people gave before the story as a whole is pretty bad to begin with, but the manga somehow made it even  worse by not explaining things properly, especially because apparently in the novel Daru do try to train Est and it simply doesn't help / work at all.

Someone please correct me if I'm remembering something wrong.

Dex-chan lover
lol he literally destroyed a life long friendship with no chance to repair by staying silent and letting the misunderstanding go on for days. He chooses to apoligize now since there is no going back anymore and he can enjoy his harem in peace. What a scumbag.

Dex-chan lover
From spoilers people gave before the story as a whole is pretty bad to begin with, but the manga somehow made it even  worse by not explaining things properly, especially because apparently in the novel Daru do try to train Est and it simply doesn't help / work at all.
Daru isn't omnipotent, so don't expect him to know everything about teaching. The former party was probably at wit's end, so they didn't know better than to kick Est out of the party.

Dex-chan lover
lol he literally destroyed a life long friendship with no chance to repair by staying silent and letting the misunderstanding go on for days. He chooses to apoligize now since there is no going back anymore and he can enjoy his harem in peace. What a scumbag.
The funny thing is that he didn't take so long out of malice, you're giving the author too much credit with that, it was literally just forced drama for the sake of drama without any thought behind it.
difficult to clear up the misunderstanding earlier. Give poor Daru a break, complainers!
You know, you guys keep demonizing Daru, the funny thing is if he was actually as evil as everyone paint him to be it might have been a interesting story with a villain protagonist, but it's all just plain forced drama and lack of communication due to author being incompetent.
Daru isn't omnipotent, so don't expect him to know everything about teaching.
Point is that in the original he did try train Est and that supposedly it's literally impossible for Est to learn things not related to his support class, it's not just about Daru being a bad teacher.

Dex-chan lover
You know, you guys keep demonizing Daru, the funny thing is if he was actually as evil as everyone paint him to be it might have been a interesting story with a villain protagonist, but it's all just plain forced drama and lack of communication due to author being incompetent.

Point is that in the original he did try train Est and that supposedly it's literally impossible for Est to learn things not related to his support class, it's not just about Daru being a bad teacher.
1. I was just being ironic and don't keep demonizing Daru. Some other haters do.

2. That's what I meant. Nobody would know the condition for Est's awakening before his actual awakening.

Dex-chan lover
1. I was just being ironic and don't keep demonizing Daru. Some other haters do.
I know, I didn't mean you was demonizing him necessarily, I should have expressed myself better lol
2. That's what I meant. Nobody would know the condition for Est's awakening before his actual awakening.
Unfortunately that's typical "mc is secretly overpowered but won't awaken until kicked out of the party", vast majority are super contrived and stupid, this story might have worked better if Daru was indeed evil and Est simply trained to get stronger because Daru can't sabotage him anymore.

Really, the basic idea isn't bad but the execution is horrible, the art doesn't help since Daru face is indeed very punchable as others said.

Dex-chan lover
worst manga ever award

i read the novel idk why and it gets even worse
i wish there was a way to block manga without blocking the entire group

Dex-chan lover
Glad the misunderstanding was cleared up. Hope the plot opens up more these next few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Really, the basic idea isn't bad but the execution is horrible, the art doesn't help since Daru face is indeed very punchable as others said.
I remember hearing about a korean (I think?) novel that has a similar premise but handles it better. Haven't read it yet myself though. Think it was, "I became the hero who banished the protagonist" Guy suddenly reincarnates as the hero right as he's banishing the guy but he has no memories from before that moment. Has to try and figure out what the fuck happened before it bites him in the ass. From what I heard, the reason was surprisingly reasonable. There was no sudden awakening, the banished guy was always powerful but was a loose cannon lancer type, never cooperating and causing collateral damage while the hero, despite his arrogant attitude, is actually a proper hero and prioritizes saving civilians above killing the enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread