Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Reconciliation

Group Leader
Exactly this. The more I think about this the more I find Dale to be an insert for the white knight incel that has to "protect" the lady. Especially when the supposed premise of the story is how does the banishing party grow from their mistakes but it's just taken over by Dale going from lazy drunk to mentor and "hero" of the party. No one in the original party has any character growth instead focusing on trying to tell the reader how Dale is right and Est is wrong. It's going to get even worse in the future because it's obvious the author is going to make Dale's old party be the ones who saved Athena and Est when they were kids.

It's quite insidious how the author is going about trying to portray Est as the bad guy and who it's trying to appeal to. Not so much in out right saying it but in how it's shown as Est's character in the setup flipping from being super supportive to abusive towards Athena. In how it's being shown that Est is letting his emotions dictate his actions to be abusive towards her without being able to see reason. It's the author shouting at the reader saying "look at what Est's doing to his old party! How mean of him to be so mistaken in his understanding and letting his emotions control him!"

It's the banished motif but instead of the traditional MC archetype the author is portraying him with the character of the jerk off party leader, being irrationally hateful and parading his harem in the face of his old teammate.
You are reading way to much into this he is neither abusive or even doing anything that makes him look like a bad guy. He's just rightfully cold to them. Again I have no idea where you get the idea the author is portraying him as a bad guy or a jerk you are seeing things that aren't there.

Group Leader
You are reading way to much into this he is neither abusive or even doing anything that makes him look like a bad guy. He's just rightfully cold to them. Again I have no idea where you get the idea the author is portraying him as a bad guy or a jerk you are seeing things that aren't there.
His goal after being abandoned by the party has been to get back at them (Ch 3 pg 5). Chapter 6 was entirely about Est calling out Athena in the middle of the guild to ridicule her and turn the guild members against her. Partying with girls and naming the new party Starlight with the goal of humiliating his former party by being the best is 100% petty revenge (Ch 13).

I would agree with you if it was him just ignoring his former party and moving on with his life except it's not. The author is putting in shots of Est's motivations and half a chapter of him verbally attacking Athena.

Dex-chan lover
I still think that's a weird way to carry someone drunk though.

Also, you're rooting for Est who worked hard for Athena? And yet during the grave visit you said he relied too much on her.
Stop lying. Just admit that you want to ntr.

Aggregator gang
Ok... but what about the date you took Athena on... you just going to convently ignore it!!

Double-page supporter
It's nice that they finally cleared up the misunderstanding but... that's the whole problem. What stopped Athena and the other team members from telling Est the truth when he awakened his ability?

Screw their pride, they lost the reason why they had to force Est out of the party, so why not at least try to repair their relationship if not bring him back?

Instead Athena just avoided the subject and the other 3 acted arrogantly when Est confronted they again. So much for bonds.

Users who are viewing this thread