Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ch. 61 - Why Did It Turn Out Like This?! x2

@redjacks I started reading this a couple of years ago and each month I look forward for the next chapter, and then that chapter turns out to be mainly filler. 😩

@hall3 to be fair, in mio's case, its understandable being that she is a spider that doesnt know anything about cooking and can eat anything and find anything delicious, like rocks, wood, etc.

Anyone else feel like the story is getting too slow paced? For how often this updates I just can't bear this pace

@Cryper
The novel is incredibly slow paced it picks up at chapter 150 but were around chapter 80 atm, with how the manga is adapting the novel, I'd say it'll take maybe another 15-30 chapters till the next big action sequence with some small ones happening maybe another 7-8 chapters in and another one if I'm remembering correctly in 11-12 chapters. They might be able to squeeze it to 10 if they jump from character to character and cut down on stuff. This isn't really a spoiler since they stated it but ill mark it anyways

Mio is going to go around and try learning about human food while Tomoe is going to investigate the battlefield where Makoto fought

Here's actual spoilers

Tomoe's scene is short enough that it could probably fit in between Makoto being a teacher, Mio's sidestory could take a couple of chapters to resolve, it just depends how many chapters this arc is allotted if they even know that much.

But the academy arc is pretty slow, and the build up to the main action scene isn't worth it in my opinion. This arc is more to introduce and expand characters for latter events. So dont expect too much out of it.

If you've read any Chinese or Korean Reincarnation novels this is the arc where the MC goes into some type of training or are otherwise preoccupied with something but the side chars get stronger and sometimes the MC helps them out of a difficult situation or guides them in some way but doesn't do much until they finish their training or get interrupted by something and they get angsty for a couple of chapters since their love interest was actually part of a strong group and that group is there to take her back. Shit like that.

TlDr: This arc is going to be very slow and pretty boring since it focuses mainly on introducing new characters and expand on existing ones. I'd recommend waiting for 20-30 chapters to come out if you want any action or exciting events

Ok, I can tolerate a million things, but why is this fucker preoccupied with "becoming a teacher"? As soon as Shiki told him that the test was to become a teacher, any reasonable human being would've said "Oh, that's a mistake, that's not what I want to do" and then simply, you know, DON'T TAKE THE FUCKING TEST. Contact Rembrant, tell him, make him write a letter of recommendation as a student, DONE.

Like, it's not even super logical super efficient, is just... Why the fuck is he continuing with this? Like... It makes no sense. It was a mistake by someone else, they can't force you to take that test and even if you do take it you can just fail it. Hell, nobody will bat an eye if you don't go to the test.

Now, if he decides to become a teacher after considering it, cool, but WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SULKING IN THE MEANTIME? AS IF YOU'RE FORCED TO DO THIS? This is the guy that saw his 2 servants destroy a town in a contest of strength, now crying over submitting the wrong application.

Fucking holy shit was the author on analgesics when they wrote this turd of a setup? If you tell me a 5 year old wrote this I would believe you.

@fran13r They straight up stated the reasons why. They said that student aren't usually accepted around that time of year and apparently with him being 17 it would be more weird/creepy if he did become a student vs being a teacher anyway. Rembrandt already sent the letter of recommendation and if he didn't show up or take the test, it would have reflected poorly on Rembrandt and MC didn't want that to happen.

We also can't forget that this is a manga adaption of a LN, they probably cut/altered some things.

While I'm also annoyed at how slow paced this arc is, I'm not gonna shit on the author for something so trivial.

@RazzyTazy

Nothing of what you said is a good reason, if they don't accept him as a student he could just ask his Lich companion, with more knowledge about magic than probably that entire school, to teach him the basics.

Enrolling was NEVER necessary for him.

This setup is legit hot trash, and the manga HAS to stand on its own, I'm not reading the light novel nor am I planning to ever reading it, so whatever happened in it is unimportant to me.

The setup is bad, period. If they wanted him to become a teacher I could think of a million better (both serious and funny) ways to go about it. Because this is not a first for isekai.

@fran13r Makoto didn't apply to school just to learn magic he came here to learn "common sense" too.
Shiki, Tomoe, and Mio may be good at magic but they don't have the "common sense" that hyumans have and as @RazzyTazy said, Makoto is just uncomfortable refusing the teacher's offer because it would embarrass Rembant, they are now a business partner and he is the one who helped open a shop in Tsige and basically this recommendation letter was Makoto's request, so he felt like it was his fault.

The setup is bad, period. If they wanted him to become a teacher I could think of a million better (both serious and funny) ways to go about it. Because this is not a first for isekai.
Tsuki's web novel was released in February 2012, a few months older than the father of the Isekai Mushoku tensei which was released in September 2012.
So maybe Tsuki is one of the first light novels that introduce the theme of Beta mc Isekai being a teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread