Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 14 Ch. 92 - Hell’s Kitchen

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many chapters until Makoto travel to the empire, I want to see "that" scene.
maybe in the next 2 arcs? my memory from my novel reading days are hazy but i'm pretty sure
makoto gets involved with the demons and other earth gods before he interacts with the empire. actually now that i think about it, that might be closer to 5 arcs later. i'm pretty sure he has to meet with the original transmigrators that helped root create the guild and save a country where everything is japanese inspired because of said transmigrators before the whole empire thing. basically once the love potion comes into play it won't be long before that scene happens.

Dex-chan lover
I still hate Makoto and the reason why is because he looks so boring and average. Not to mention he doesn't show any interest to new people who r joining his company.
guy who is canonically average looks average 🤯. of course he doesn't care about who joins his company, most people wouldn't care much if at all that the workforce increased when the workforce is already substantially high. that's like expecting jeff bezos to care about you just because you started working for him.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how Tomoe just explained how Makoto gets angry about curses and stuff regardless of if it happens to him but then the twins see his face and get the feeling that he doesn't care about anybody else. :unsure:
Because he doesn't. He gets angry about curses and stuff that forces change in people that they didn't want or ask for, but he doesn't care for people much at all, intrinsically.

The blessing is only language.

Makoto is just has a painfully average face that looks ugly compared to the selectively bred "humans".
No, the blessing that she gave him specifically was for language other than with other Hyumans; Hyumans themselves have both a blessing of shared language and also of beauty, conforming to the tastes of the Goddess.

I think part of it as well is that he cares about people being hurt or preyed on but really takes no interest in individuals. Like he keeps helpful and useful people around him but doesn't actually care about them as individuals or their interests.
Exactly this. Specific individuals who cleave to the same morals that he does he can find interest in, or those who are victims of the Goddess and thus have a shared point of reference, but overall he sees taking care of them as a responsibility he must uphold due to his morals, not a thing he desires to do for them, specifically. The treatment of the Forest Ogres best shows this, how he will reward them for working well, and gives them good working schedules... because that is what they were in Japane and thus within his morality, not because he wants to particularly treat them well, as the Forest situation showed.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure about this (according to google, someone who manipulate/exploit others, which doesn't really fit Makoto), IIRC, it's more like Makoto is something of a sociopath, he has some lacking in being a normal human (don't form emotional bond in normal way, lacking empathy but can still understand something bad is happening to someone) but because his upbringing was good (taught moral by his mentor IIRC), it mitigated his sociopathy.
I'm not sure the novel or manga bothers to explain in a DSM salient way. He shows emotions, empathy for others, and a strong sense of justice. Yet in a seeming contradiction, he's unbothered by the idea of death, unless he's close to the victim. He got very angry when Komoe died, but doesn't really care if a whole town of humans gets wiped out. There's a flashback to when he was 4 and the family cat died, but he had no emotional response.

It's not exactly Sociopathy, or Schizoid Personality Disorder, or Autism Spectrum.

I think the author included this because there are times in story when Makoto commits mass murder like the magical nuke he is, but doesn't want to deal with emotional blowback.
-When Tomoe and Mio destroy an entire town, killing everyone, and Makoto says "that was careless. Oh well, let's say monsters did it."
-When in the fight with Sophia and Lancer he wipes out two armies.
-More events upcoming.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how Tomoe just explained how Makoto gets angry about curses and stuff regardless of if it happens to him but then the twins see his face and get the feeling that he doesn't care about anybody else. :unsure:
I know that the manga already shown it a bit as well and i read the WN, but since this manga is monthly, just a reminder in-case you forgot, on top of what reply you got already, Makoto also have psycho? or maybe socio? tendency, he's in a way quite dangerous if left unchecked

His upbringing also affect this way of thinking in a way, which will be explained later on i reckon, but i'm not sure how long it'll take for the manga to get to that point since i also forgot at what part of the WN this was explained since Author went on hiatus a lot

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure the novel or manga bothers to explain in a DSM salient way. He shows emotions, empathy for others, and a strong sense of justice. Yet in a seeming contradiction, he's unbothered by the idea of death, unless he's close to the victim. He got very angry when Komoe died, but doesn't really care if a whole town of humans gets wiped out. There's a flashback to when he was 4 and the family cat died, but he had no emotional response.

It's not exactly Sociopathy, or Schizoid Personality Disorder, or Autism Spectrum.

I think the author included this because there are times in story when Makoto commits mass murder like the magical nuke he is, but doesn't want to deal with emotional blowback.
-When Tomoe and Mio destroy an entire town, killing everyone, and Makoto says "that was careless. Oh well, let's say monsters did it."
-When in the fight with Sophia and Lancer he wipes out two armies.
-More events upcoming.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't sociopath cares a lot about people close to them? they also can adapt afaik

but then again, considering what you said, i'm not sure how to explain Makoto tendency then, feel free to spoil me using spoiler to explain since i read the novel as well

Dex-chan lover
She never cursed his appearance. Her world just has high standards for beauty and looks. Since basically on the scale of appearance the average is 9, he with his ordinary looks is viewed as ugly.

The only thing she did to him was give the ability to speak on a language of any living being apart of Hyuman.

The reason why he can't physically speak is due to Goddess incompetence. When giving him the ability to speak to any living being she just slightly altered a blessing called "Mastery of Words", which basically allows the person to speak and understand any sound communication in existence. However in full throttle that blessings is not something that a mortal should have as it overloads their brain. He is generally fine as even slightly altered blessings is not that potent. But if he would be able to learn the Common language by itself and speak it, it would complete the blessings. Afaik his inability to pronounce words is basically his brain being unable to proces the information due to an overload.
didn't he get the complete ver. of the blessing later, after the bitch Goddess (that's what Makoto call the goddess after all) asked him and he only agreed to help the hero party if she did give the complete blessing to talk to hyuman and it only makes him have nosebleed? makes me wonder how tough his brain are

Dex-chan lover
That actually is a pretty great chapter. So much and more is jam-packed into that.
If this were bi-monthly, it would have been really great pace.

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't sociopath cares a lot about people close to them? they also can adapt afaik

but then again, considering what you said, i'm not sure how to explain Makoto tendency then, feel free to spoil me using spoiler to explain since i read the novel as well
People with personality disorders often learn to fake neurotypical behaviors, because it keeps them out of trouble and makes them more effective in life. But at their core they don't think or feel those ways.

Spoiler for Length.
Symptoms of antisocial personality disorder (Sociopathy) include repeatedly:

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.
  • Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
  • Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.
In some ways it describes Makoto, but not enough to give a diagnosis. He is insensitive to the demiplane residents, subjecting them to harsh punishments and difficult work (but they worship him and happily go along with it). He doesn't show guilt about harming others, though he only uses violence to enact his sense of justice.

However he mostly doesn't fit the above criteria. He follows right and wrong and enforces justice. He's not a manipulative liar. He isn't charming or witty to manipulate others. He has an average sense of self, not superiority. He doesn't challenge the law. He doesn't start hostility or aggression, but does use violence as a response. He doesn't do dangerous risky things. He's a diligent worker.

Makoto is a godlike being, so if he were a sociopath he'd probably be murdering and stealing and doing sex crimes far and wide.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he supposed to be ugly in the eyes of the hyumans, as he's lacking the goddess's blessing? I reckon a part of the twins' misjudgement is due to that. If he looks like a goblin in their eyes, they'd find it more difficult to find empathy in his visage.
I think the twins refers of how he feels.

In carver twin, he looks like Keema because she only interested in her sister well being.

In Keema's case, the butler Morris only cares for Rembrandt family.

Mikoto in a way is discriminating Hyumans without out his knowing after the girl adventurer kill his subject.

This was touch a bit during teaching session by Shiki's monologue.

Dex-chan lover
I know that the manga already shown it a bit as well and i read the WN, but since this manga is monthly, just a reminder in-case you forgot, on top of what reply you got already, Makoto also have psycho? or maybe socio? tendency, he's in a way quite dangerous if left unchecked

His upbringing also affect this way of thinking in a way, which will be explained later on i reckon, but i'm not sure how long it'll take for the manga to get to that point since i also forgot at what part of the WN this was explained since Author went on hiatus a lot
Oh I know that there's weird mental stuff going on for him. I remember near the beginning when there was the flashback to him asking his mom about the dead bird and everything.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he supposed to be ugly in the eyes of the hyumans, as he's lacking the goddess's blessing? I reckon a part of the twins' misjudgement is due to that. If he looks like a goblin in their eyes, they'd find it more difficult to find empathy in his visage.
I think author silently forgot about that halfway through the manga

Dex-chan lover
People with personality disorders often learn to fake neurotypical behaviors, because it keeps them out of trouble and makes them more effective in life. But at their core they don't think or feel those ways.

Spoiler for Length.
Symptoms of antisocial personality disorder (Sociopathy) include repeatedly:

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.
  • Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
  • Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.
In some ways it describes Makoto, but not enough to give a diagnosis. He is insensitive to the demiplane residents, subjecting them to harsh punishments and difficult work (but they worship him and happily go along with it). He doesn't show guilt about harming others, though he only uses violence to enact his sense of justice.

However he mostly doesn't fit the above criteria. He follows right and wrong and enforces justice. He's not a manipulative liar. He isn't charming or witty to manipulate others. He has an average sense of self, not superiority. He doesn't challenge the law. He doesn't start hostility or aggression, but does use violence as a response. He doesn't do dangerous risky things. He's a diligent worker.

Makoto is a godlike being, so if he were a sociopath he'd probably be murdering and stealing and doing sex crimes far and wide.
ah, okay, that makes so much sense, though, i wanna correct just a little bit that i think you got wrong, and it's not about the mental disorder

Makoto did give a harsh punishment to the residents, but it's mainly only the dark elf? (i forgot their race name, sorry) and that's only on the training, and he didn't exactly make the residents do difficult work, they basically asked to do self-management, right? unless i missed something, in fact, he actually asked them early on to care about themselves instead of him

well, Makoto aside, can't say the same on that aspect about Tomoe or Mio with the resident

i guess in a way we don't know what to say about his mental state other than him can be super cold towards people, especially people he doesn't know

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, im kinda losing the plot here. Both Mio and Tomoe are acting independently from our guy and im failing to see how Mio's kitchen training and Tomoe doing...something(?) are essential moving the plot.

Even Im starting to lose interest in Kuzunoha's time at school. Isn't his main objective to find clues about his parents?

Double-page supporter
didn't he get the complete ver. of the blessing later, after the bitch Goddess (that's what Makoto call the goddess after all) asked him and he only agreed to help the hero party if she did give the complete blessing to talk to hyuman and it only makes him have nosebleed? makes me wonder how tough his brain are
Well yeah he did and started getting nose bleeding and severe pain in the head. Which tells a lot considering that he was quite a big pain tolerance due to his childhood. When Shiva saw him, he was basically slowly dying.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, im kinda losing the plot here. Both Mio and Tomoe are acting independently from our guy and im failing to see how Mio's kitchen training and Tomoe doing...something(?) are essential moving the plot.

Even Im starting to lose interest in Kuzunoha's time at school. Isn't his main objective to find clues about his parents?
you're not losing the plot, they do doing whatever they want which leads to Makoto got mad at them sometimes, iirc especially on this arc author focus a lot on Tomoe doing stuff on the side and Mio being a good cook still continue until later arc

but don't worry, the plot will move soon from this filler like chapters, like, really soon

Double-page supporter

This will be a slow developing period until summer festival. After that the story will be progressing forward. Think of current events being training and slice of life arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread